Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the skim and my ignorance, how much different is this than a 2deep? I've never hit a mini driver before.

Pardon the skim and my ignorance, how much different is this than a 2deep? I've never hit a mini driver before.
If I recall the 2deep correctly this had slight bigger head. Definitely higher launching

Release date?

I don't know if you saw my reply to your tweet about this Cookie, but there was a golf magazine waiting for me when I got home last night with an article on these that said May 15th. I am guessing that is the UK date but it might give you an idea

5/15 pre-order, 5/29 at retail.
With pre order in a few days hopefully they'll be some info out in the next couple, can't wait to see the details.

I'm ready to see price. Hoping I have enough funds in the PP account.

I'm ready to see price. Hoping I have enough funds in the PP account.

My guess would be $299, I hope I am wrong though.

My guess would be $299, I hope I am wrong though.

LOL, I hope you are as well! Callaway is pretty tight lipped about this one for a release coming very soon apparently.

Give me 5 minutes to find the article in the magazine as I am sure I saw a price there as well

Edit

Price in the magazine here says £249 so don't know how that would equate for you guys as it is very rare we see the same value once the exchange rate is taken into account

Slight skim but do I remember seeing questions about adjustability? It features the OptiFit adjustability with 8 loft/lie setups

Any other questions I will answer if there is an answer in the article I have here in front of me

I just got one for testing, will try to get to the range tomorrow for some preliminary testing. Came with a Kuro Kage shaft and Lamkin grip.

I just got one for testing, will try to get to the range tomorrow for some preliminary testing. Came with a Kuro Kage shaft and Lamkin grip.
Awesome, can't wait to hear your thoughts man!

Give me 5 minutes to find the article in the magazine as I am sure I saw a price there as well

Edit

Price in the magazine here says £249 so don't know how that would equate for you guys as it is very rare we see the same value once the exchange rate is taken into account

Slight skim but do I remember seeing questions about adjustability? It features the OptiFit adjustability with 8 loft/lie setups

Any other questions I will answer if there is an answer in the article I have here in front of me
Yes it has the optifit sleeve so will have same adjustability as big Bertha/x2hot/xr drivers

Price is $299, I'm at a golf store now and they have a 12 degree model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will they let you test it?

Will they let you test it?

I could have tested and purchased it but no way I'd be able to hit a 12* model haha.

Ouch. Someone broke embrargo!

Still no pics?

2yk1g2h.jpg

16k4d1w.jpg

Got some range time in today with this one, 14 degree model. Solid feel and sound at impact, the ball felt like it jumped off the face. I saw carry distance about 5-10 yards longer than my current three wood. I did switch from the stock Kuro Kage shaft to my Project X LZ and felt much more comfortable and in control of the ball flight with that set up. One more range session Friday and a round on Monday before I have to send out back to Callaway.

2yk1g2h.jpg

16k4d1w.jpg

Got some range time in today with this one, 14 degree model. Solid feel and sound at impact, the ball felt like it jumped off the face. I saw carry distance about 5-10 yards longer than my current three wood. I did switch from the stock Kuro Kage shaft to my Project X LZ and felt much more comfortable and in control of the ball flight with that set up. One more range session Friday and a round on Monday before I have to send out back to Callaway.

Awesome to hear! Any cahnce we could get a pic comparing head size from your 815DBB and the 1.5?

I have one here, but cannot post the in hand stuff just yet. Coming soon however. But we wont stop anybody else from posting it now.

I have one here, but cannot post the in hand stuff just yet. Coming soon however. But we wont stop anybody else from posting it now.
When is the embargo lifted?

Intrigued indeed. Just got me a long tom 2 wood. Would love to see how this one shakes out.

Excited for the official launch of this one. Besides product testing Callaway has been tight lipped on this one, anxious to read up on the technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back