Tiny House - Could You Do It?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of TV Shows on about the tiny houses and such. Could you do it? Talking 300 sq feet or less for you and your family.

For me solo? sure. To live with another human(s)? No way, would go crazy.

No, maybe if it was just me but even that could be tough.

Even though I used to deploy on fast attack subs, there is no way. Mr. Hicksta needs his space :D

No way, especially being married.

I've watched a few of those shows. No, I don't think I could live in one. I'm a bit claustrophobic, and would probably flip out living in one, especially the ones where the bedroom is like a shelf near the ceiling and you climb up into it. I'm cringing just thinking about it.

If you are single, maybe, but if you are married or have a significant partner.....not a chance. Everyone needs a little space/escape for themselves.

Not a chance.

I'm not sure that's enough space for my (someday) simulator.

I would put one in the backyard as a Man Cave, but living in that, no way.

HELL NO

Only by myself, no way with me and someone else. I really don't see why folks want to do that though. You can get a much larger modular home for the same money. If you are wanting to downsize - just decluttering will make life simpler but with space for comfort.

Could I? For a while.
Would I want to? Not really.
With somebody else? I don't think so.

I liked MikeG's answer on Twitter.

Cool getaway but not live. Look at the rooms they have at IKEA and pretty impressed the way they do it, but not with more than just me.

One of my friends is on that show. They still live in the tiny house. For my home? I wouldn't do it. For vacation by the lake, definitely.

Nope! Watched the show a few times. Couldn't do it.

Heck no. I lived in a 600 sq foot apartment for 3 months when I took this job. When the family came in it was crazy tight. I would only want to have this at a lake or something similar as a cabin I could move around. To me it is really just a camper.

i could do it by myself no problem. with my family? i'd go nuts.

Not a chance.

I would put one in the backyard as a Man Cave, but living in that, no way.

Yes to this.

I work from home, and have actually be semi-planning to build one of these for my office at some point.

I think it would be cool for kids but I'm not sure how rational adults do it. The novelty has to wear off and then your stuck with a water closet, Viking stove, subzero fridge and bed all in one space no larger than a one care garage

The wife and I could do it....but have no desire to do so.

Only if single ... but would like to build one in the backyard if I had the room.

As a single, definitely. With others, probably not. Location would count for a lot too.

Back