Srixon Ultisoft Golf Ball

sabig27

Reaction score
Handicap
I live in the US. I accidentally went to the UK Srixon page and saw they have a new Srixon super soft ball called the Ultisoft. Has anyone heard if they are bringing the ball to the US?

I haven't!

I live in the US. I accidentally went to the UK Srixon page and saw they have a new Srixon super soft ball called the Ultisoft. Has anyone heard if they are bringing the ball to the US?

New version of their AD ball and has the lowest compression they offer of around 40 (going off memory here).
It launched just a few months ago, and my gut says if it goes well they bring it here too.

Then again, going off memory, they don't have Q-Star over there, so there is that.

New version of their AD ball and has the lowest compression they offer of around 40 (going off memory here).
It launched just a few months ago, and my gut says if it goes well they bring it here too.

Then again, going off memory, they don't have Q-Star over there, so there is that.

I was wondering if it was the replacement for the Soft Feel, but when I got to the Srixon Europe page, both of those balls (plus the AD333) are there. Interesting. I know the Duo and supersoft have done well, so I'm not surprised to see Srixon bringing a super low compression ball to the market.

Isn't the AD ball the Q Star? I know they have an AD333 tour that is a urethane version that I desperately want to come stateside.

Just released here in OZ I was using the Soft Feel and changed to the UltiSoft and found it a bit longer and straighter but what I really like is how it feels around the greens, it almost feels like it is more forgiving on chips and pitches on a not so good strike you don't seem to get penalized as much.

We are lucky here in OZ we have the whole range Z Zxv & Q Stars AD333 AD333 Tour Soft Feel & UltiSoft all come in both white and yellow except for the AD333 & AD333 Tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a dozen each of the AD333 and the Ultisoft. Looking forward to trying these 2 balls out, especially with the cold weather arriving.

I use the Soft Feel during colder months. I would be interested in this ball

Where did you order the ultisoft?
I just ordered a dozen each of the AD333 and the Ultisoft. Looking forward to trying these 2 balls out, especially with the cold weather arriving.

i tried it and i liked it better than the soft feel, however i still prefer the callaway supersoft and truesoft over this ball.
If you like a softball then you wll like the ultisoft

There is a rumor that they are coming out with a 3 piece, urethane, lower compression Q Star, called Q Star Tour for 2017...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any word on this ball coming to the US. Can someone going to the Cleveland event ask for me?

Bought some through EBay. Will take awhile to get them from overseas, but it will be fun to compare to the Soft Feel

Bought some through EBay. Will take awhile to get them from overseas, but it will be fun to compare to the Soft Feel

Looking forward to your thoughts sabig.

FWIW, I played with one of these towards the end of last year. My normal ball at the time was an AD333 (Q Star non-Tour).

The Ultisoft was nice, felt and sounded closer to a Wilson DX2 (Duo), than the AD333. The AD333 also felt like it had a hair more spin around the green than either the Wilson or the Ultisoft.

If a Wilson Duo is too soft for you, this might be too soft as well.

If not, I think you'll be happy.

i have had them for a while, they look and feel great, not much difference and feel to the duo, they are softer than the srixon soft feel and prefer the ultisoft over them.

After gaming the Soft Feel last year this ball intrigued me. However in the Soft Feel video on THP, Srixon made the claim that they maximized the Soft Feels compression and anything lower decreased performance. Odd they seemed to contradict that by offering something even softer.

I agree Erock. Although I don't know anything about golf ball tech, that is the same message I got after listening to JB's podcast with the Srixon guy last year. I know Srixon has there reasons for not having the Ultisoft in America, but I would think it would be a better competitor against the Supersoft and Duo. The Soft feel would seem to be a better competetior to something like the Superhot 55.

I have been playing these the last few rounds. They feel softer than the Soft feels. They were an exact match to the Supersofts in terms of feel and distance. A good ball I wish they sold in US. I found them on Amazon with two day shipping if anyone wanted to try them

And I see the Ultisofts a much better competitor to the Duo and the Supersoft than the Soft Feel

I have been playing these the last few rounds. They feel softer than the Soft feels. They were an exact match to the Supersofts in terms of feel and distance. A good ball I wish they sold in US. I found them on Amazon with two day shipping if anyone wanted to try them

Do these come in yellow ?

$24.99 shipped seems kinda steep no ? Or did you find a better amazon price ? That’s what they are showing for me

That is the price I found as well. I assume a little higher price because it’s not a US release

Back