Clubs? We Don't Need No Stinking Clubs - 2014 #TheGrandaddy

I know you guys will have all your swings and games in top shape, so putting the new sticks into play won't be an issue. Trust your swing and the work you've put in and there will no issue putting that brand spanking new, custom fit equipment into play.

Based on my experience in the MC, if you've got your specs together getting clubs last minute is pretty much a non-issue and we had a pretty limited line to choose from. You get to go a step further and get fit and demo everything ahead of time. I think you'll all find it to be an easy transition.
This is the truth. Having never been fit for clubs prior to the MC, I found I played much better with the custom fit clubs than I did with the off the rack clubs I'd been playing for three years.

A new bag of clubs is off the charts generous. Doing it in a way that enhances the experience and demonstrates such a personal touch is incredible. Well done Callaway.

In terms of the effect on the outcome...I think some things supersede competition and this type of generosity is certainly one of them.

They do always seem to knock the ball out of the park in everything that they do, but I believe the surprise was based on what we saw last year and that's the only precedent that has been set. It was a pretty tight timeline as I recall last year from fitting to competition so Callaway committing to building 9 or 10 sets of clubs in that time is really putting themselves out there - no room for error.

This his is very true.

We were at the ECPC range with the fitters and the 2014 line for a while, maybe three hours total. It would be pretty incredible to see the clubs being fitted and made to specs the same afternoon before having them ready for play the following morning.

It's incredibly cool that Callaway is doing that for you guys. Logistically, it's a little overwhelming to think about.

Still one of the coolest things that has ever been announced and will take place at a THP event.

Still one of the coolest things that has ever been announced and will take place at a THP event.

Couldn't agree more. It will be very strange packing for a golf trip and not bringing clubs.

This is just awesome. Looking back, I was playing clubs vs the Zoo Crew that were not fit to me. It will definitely help a few have spec's clubs for the first time!!!

Couldn't agree more. It will be very strange packing for a golf trip and not bringing clubs.

No doubt. My mind won't stop racing.

Still is truly unbelievable that it's actually going to happen.

How incredible!! Not sure how I missed this previously. Big thanks to Callaway for treating the #BasementDwellers so well... even though we're taking you down with your own clubs in a month! :)

hmmmm....feels like I am forgetting something.....??????

The feeling knowing you're getting on the plane heading for the golf experience of your life, you're not bring clubs...

I know its totally crazy. When I tell people they are like what? are you a pro or something? I laugh, and just tell them I am your average everyday #internetgolfer and then explain about THP. The shocked look on their face is priceless everytime.

I know its totally crazy. When I tell people they are like what? are you a pro or something? I laugh, and just tell them I am your average everyday #internetgolfer and then explain about THP. The shocked look on their face is priceless everytime.

It is crazy. Nobody at my home course can understand it when I try to explain. Then I shoot a 90 something and they wonder why can't it be them. I try to explain it could be them but they still don't get it.

Back