Danny Willett Wins The 2016 Masters - WITB

Surprised he's not using the MD 3.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Guys like Patrick Rees and Aphibarnrat still use the MD2 too. Odd to me because the MD3 is an awesome option

Longest iron is a 5, I love it.

I'm surprised by the SR3 over the chromesoft. Oddly I have a lot of the same clubs in my bag. Still need to take a closet look at the XR16

Man, I feel for Jordan. That was a brutal two holes there. I hope this doesn't affect him down the road. Something like that can mess with a player's psyche. Although he did respond to that 7 with consecutive birdies. Maybe this will renew his focus. Don't take anything for granted.

Guys like Patrick Rees and Aphibarnrat still use the MD2 too. Odd to me because the MD3 is an awesome option

They all take after me who also uses the MD2's :)

Congrats to Willett! Nice to see that he was using clubs that we could all have In our bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always get a kick out of seeing what these guys use. Great win for Willett.

The two things that stand out to me the most, the XR 16 and how he was hitting great drives with it, but also how old his putter is, but he must still be quite confident in it.

Great win for Danny. He's been a top guy on the European tour the last few years. I like the mixed bag of old and new. SR3 getting some love.

He has been getting better and better each year. Today is the top of world moment!

Saw a YouTube WITB video from two years ago and he still has a majority of the same clubs. Not a big tinkerer.

Surprised he has the reg xr 16 over the pro.

Dude has been playing solid find and was pretty funny with his speech... Good win for him!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awsome win for a fellow Yorkshireman. Its a funny old gane though. I thought Jordan was going to romp to victory after the front nine but just shows how fickle this game can be. not a bad few weeks for Danny, becomes a dad for the first time then goes and wins the Masters, good on you mate!

On the bag setup, its nice to see a sort of "non standard" setup.

Great win for Danny and good looking bag.

Some UT love and an interesting bag. I like it.

Interesting that he's playing the driver at 45.5, as well as fairly light iron shafts.

Fun to see that setup, as it shuts off my inner internet golfer.

Interesting that he's playing the driver at 45.5, as well as fairly light iron shafts.

Fun to see that setup, as it shuts off my inner internet golfer.

Why is the driver length interesting? Thats just standard isn't? genuinely curious.

Why is the driver length interesting? Thats just standard isn't? genuinely curious.

Not standard for tour pros. Most play significantly shorter than that

It's standard OTR length (actually -0.25" for the XR), but historically a lot of the pros have been playing shorter, heavier driver shafts. I think the average on tour recently was something like 44.5".

Not standard for tour pros. Most play significantly shorter than that

It is starting to change however. Like many aspects of tour golf, as new generations come up, we have seen it go from muscle backs, to perimeter weighted on tour, from long irons to hybrids on tour (or hollow body designs) and now longer drivers. The heads being so forgiving has really been a big part of it.

It is starting to change however. Like many aspects of tour golf, as new generations come up, we have seen it go from muscle backs, to perimeter weighted on tour, from long irons to hybrids on tour (or hollow body designs) and now longer drivers. The heads being so forgiving has really been a big part of it.

I will say, I'm amazed at how well I've played recent driver models at stock length. All of my clubs are slightly shortened (I'm 5'7"), and I do find I center the driver more often around 45" or so - but that's still an inch longer than I've played a driver historically.

I think this is one of the areas where sure, COR is maxed out, but there's still innovation and progress happening in the driver space. If those guys don't need to hit it dead center to get 95% of their distance, they can play the driver at 1" longer than they have historically and get a bunch more distance. And that XR16 is probably one of the prime examples in terms of speed retention. It's borderline ridiculous, from my time on the monitor with it.

Longer driver than we have been used to seeing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I'm late to the convo hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good set up and nice win for Callaway. Maybe Spieth could have used his driver on some of his wayward drives.

Back