Cobra Selects Nippon

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Cobra Golf has selected Nippon Shaft to provide stock steel shafts for its new King Cobra SZ irons, which recently received a "Gold" rating on Golf Digest's prestigious annual equipment "Hot List," Nippon Shaft officials said today.

Cobra will stock Nippon Shaft's lightweight N.S. Pro 1030 - which weighs a mere 103 grams - in the King Cobra SZ iron, officials said.

Benefits of the shaft are its combination of light weight and stability. Lighter weight can help players increase swing speed and, as a result, hit the ball farther, while the unique stability factor in Nippon Shaft steel helps players hit the ball more accurately.

"We are very excited that Cobra Golf has decided to utilize the N.S. Pro 1030 as the stock steel shaft in its King Cobra SZ irons," said Hiroyuki Fukuda, head of sales and marketing for Nippon Shaft USA. "Nippon Shaft is very proud of its relationship with Cobra, whose products represent the cutting edge of technology. The combination of Cobra's advanced technology and unique design combined with Nippon Shaft's premium lightweight steel shafts can make a positive difference in how golfers at all levels practice and play."

Cobra first utilized Nippon Shaft as a stock steel shaft product in 2005.

"Cobra Golf selected Nippon Shaft for its King Cobra SZ irons because of the company's consistent high quality and performance," said Brian Zender, general manager of Cobra Golf.

Nippon Shaft is the No. 1-selling steel shaft in Asia with more than 80 percent of the market and ranks No. 2 in North America. Currently, more than 100 touring professionals worldwide use Nippon Shaft products, resulting in more than 50 victories in the last four years, Fukuda said.

Thanks for the update.

Wish manufactures would offer lighter steel shafts for the ladies, like True Temper GS-75.

• Admin
Unfortunately CG, it seems as though the shafts for ladies clubs are an after thought. I really hope that changes someday soon.

Unfortunately CG, it seems as though the shafts for ladies clubs are an after thought. I really hope that changes someday soon.

I agree.

Thanks for the update.

Wish manufactures would offer lighter steel shafts for the ladies, like True Temper GS-75.

The Nippon shafts are amazing, and I feel they are as good (probably better) than any offerings by TT.

The NS Pro 750GH is lighter than the TT GS-75.

You can custom spec any shaft or grip your heart desires from PING when you order a set of their irons.

http://www.nipponshaft.com/steel_750gh.html

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/gs75.asp

I play Nippon 950 GH shafts (stiff) in my irons, and I absolutely love them.

• Admin
I have Nippons in my 4DX Pros

I think that's a good choice on Cobra's part. I love the Nippon shafts are at the top of my list right now for when I reshaft my ZB's. I tried them in a set of MacGregor's and I loved the feel, ball flight, and dispersion.

i love Nippon shafts. I have them in a set of Precept EC603 cavity backs and a set of EC603 ProSPec blades that i own. i really like them

Back