JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We just got these in for a trial. They are getting major play around the tours and have been receiving emails about them and wanted to try them out for review. Here are a couple of pictures.

From the Company:
Longest. Straightest. Period.Only the finest premium prepreg materials are selected for use in every hand-crafted ATTAS shaft. Ultra tight tolerances are achieved through the use of low resin prepreg in the precision controlled one-off production process. The world-class quality precision of these tour proven, constant taper designs are the result of an international collaboration between leading Japanese carbon fiber producers, UST Mamiya engineers in Japan and the U.S., coupled with performance feedback from the best golfers in the world – those on professional golf tours worldwide.

Superior Design
Responsive Tip
Mid to High Launch Design
Stiff Mid Section Profile
Stabilized Butt Section
Constant Taper Profile
Superior Performance
Increased Ball Speed
Greater Carry Distance
Reduced Shot Dispersion
Preferred Feel by Avid Golfers
Energy Transfer = More Power

EDIT: Here is our review The Hackers Paradise UST Mamiya ATTAS Shaft Review

738940924_d78mt-L-1.jpg

738940954_XAPcd-L-1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Admin
These are now armed with Srixon Z-TX heads on them.

You will love these shafts.Very smooth.

• Admin
You will love these shafts.Very smooth.

I would be shocked if it could take the place of my Miyazaki, but that is why we try every product.

I'm shocked that it could replace my Matrix shaft.Still testing,but it's a great shaft and under value if you ask me.It could be worth $450 easy

I would be shocked if it could take the place of my Miyazaki, but that is why we try every product.

Which version are you trying out?
Black,Blue or the silver one?

• Admin
We have all of them.

review

review

any news on this shafts?

• Admin
Have this in my bag for the next few rounds in my personal R9 driver. Used it today along with the Miyazaki and my regular Motore. It is extremely smooth. Works well for my swing. What we found is that this could be a really good shaft for the masses as we had 9 people try it out today and all but 1 loved it compared to their stock shaft.

How does this shaft compare to the UST's V2? I have a 67g one in my driver and it's been great.

It is extremely different bonk. THe Attas feels far more smooth.

How does this shaft compare to the UST's V2? I have a 67g one in my driver and it's been great.

Yep,2 totally different shaft feels. v2 - boardy and harsh.ATTAS - smooth baby. Whats nice about ATTAS is,even when you go after it,the shaft stays with it.Its amazing

Yep,2 totally different shaft feels. v2 - boardy and harsh.ATTAS - smooth baby. Whats nice about ATTAS is,even when you go after it,the shaft stays with it.Its amazing

Bummer, not what I wanted to hear. My V2 doesn't feel boardy to me, but you two know much more about shafts than I do. I wonder if the ATTAS has a .350" tip? Time to check the UST website.

Bummer, not what I wanted to hear. My V2 doesn't feel boardy to me, but you two know much more about shafts than I do. I wonder if the ATTAS has a .350" tip? Time to check the UST website.

Bonk,
I do not think the V2 is as boardy as BL, but it is different for different people. But the Attas is definitely a smooth shaft.

Will these play like the AXIVcore Tour Blacks? Those shafts are ridonkulous.

The Tour Black shaft is a low spin high launch shaft. These are said to be a more penetrating mid-high ball flight and have better feel.

Will these play like the AXIVcore Tour Blacks? Those shafts are ridonkulous.

Different strokes for different folks. I love the tour black as well, I have had three different ATTAS from UST and none of them could knock out the Tour Black. I liked the feel much better, the ATTAS performed better when going after the ball, but I try not to go after it too hard as I need the fairway more than I need the distance. The ATTAS has a mid-flight in the lower weight ranges and a low flight in the upper weight ranges based on my testing, your results may vary.

The Tour Black, for MY swing is the best shaft I have ever played. Followed by the Purple Ice.

:angry: Neither the Attas or the AXIVcore tour shafts come in a .350 tip. If I were to switch from my V2, I'd need a shim.

Different strokes for different folks. I love the tour black as well, I have had three different ATTAS from UST and none of them could knock out the Tour Black. I liked the feel much better, the ATTAS performed better when going after the ball, but I try not to go after it too hard as I need the fairway more than I need the distance. The ATTAS has a mid-flight in the lower weight ranges and a low flight in the upper weight ranges based on my testing, your results may vary.

The Tour Black, for MY swing is the best shaft I have ever played. Followed by the Purple Ice.

I played the purple ice in a 905r for nearly three years; great shaft...if you liked that the graphite design tour ad throttle is even better...tighter dispersion, mid launching, lower spin...worth a look esp. with the prices on the Bay...

At the price point of these shafts it's nice to find a real world review on THP.Thanks

On a suggestion from jman and the online shaft fitting tool on UST, I am bagging a Attas 4U and holy crap is thing thing amazing. High ball launch, even dispersion as well as perfect feel throughout the swing. I am going to run to get this thing installed in my 4 wood as well.

Back