Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manny turned down the 2 year 45 million dollar deal last night. As much as we all want to see him in blue, I think Dodger fans are going to start to turn on him.

After reading up on it, it looks like the Manny deal breaker was because McCourt tried to defer payments over the next couple of years.

I guess the Mets are sending Johan Santana back to NY to get his elbow checked out. Thats never good news.

Yeah I heard that they are going to keep him out of his opening starts so that they can be sure that he will not miss time this year.

Yeah I heard that they are going to keep him out of his opening starts so that they can be sure that he will not miss time this year.

I just hope it doesnt turn into a tear. Santana is one of the superstars of baseball and its always better when he is around.

That would be quite a blow to the Mets to lose Santana, hopefully it's not serious.

So the A's are about to sign Garciaparra as a super utility type player, I believe it is for 2 mil. They also signed Cabrerra the other day for 4 mil. I think if their rotation is halfway decent this year, they will make a serious run at the Angels for the west. Dont forget they added Holliday and Giambi earlier.

So Gas you are a Dodger fan where do you see the boys finishing this year the manny thing almost has me turned off of baseball for the year.

So Gas you are a Dodger fan where do you see the boys finishing this year the manny thing almost has me turned off of baseball for the year.
The problem with the Dodgers is the starting rotation. They are banking a lot on good years from Billingsley, Kuroda and Kershaw. If we get Manny back, I think we take the division no problem, without him, it will be a lot closer with the D Backs and Giants. If the Giants land Manny, I hate to say it, but I think they would be the favorite to win the division.

It seems like Collettis strategy again this year is to hang in there until the all star break, and then try and land a few rentals. Well see, im starting to get really excited with the WBC right around the corner.

When does the WBC start? I saw the end of the Yankees v. Team USA game today. It was kinda weird to see Jeter playing against the Yanks.

I hope its true, here is the latest out of LA.

"9:16pm: Tony Jackson of the Los Angeles Daily News has provided excellent, accurate information throughout this entire saga. Here's an excerpt from his most recent blog post:

Manny IS on his way to Los Angeles tonight, just as Enrique Rojas reported on ESPN. Manny IS willing to accept some form of what the Dodgers offered him last Wednesday, a two-year, $45 million deal with $25 million the first year, $20 million the second year and an opt-out. That offer IS back on the table, even though it has been taken off the table last week. But there is no actual agreement in place YET, because Dodgers officials want to meet with Manny face to face, presumably tomorrow morning, before making this thing happen."

When does the WBC start? I saw the end of the Yankees v. Team USA game today. It was kinda weird to see Jeter playing against the Yanks.

I think the first Asian game is early Thursday morning and the first US game is on Saturday.

They just dropped a F Bomb on the MLB network. I thought it was pretty amazing.

It Looks like It is looking good with Manny Gas LOL man this has been one crazy offseason eh but I am very sad in one respect the whole ordeal with Marquis Cooper guess the coast guard called off the search I pray for everyones families In this time of tragedy and send out a big dose of love and strength.

ESPN just reported that Manny is reporting to the Dodgers, 2 yrs./$45 mil.

Isn't that the same offer he rejected last week?

I do believe you are correct sir. At the time I also believe the Dodgers said they wouldn't get into a bidding war with themselves,lol. I guess they outlasted Borass and Manny:D

Wasn't that offer also made in November? I sure hope he puts up big numbers and leaves his ego at home after all this BS.

Wasn't that offer also made in November? I sure hope he puts up big numbers and leaves his ego at home after all this BS.

It's just Manny, he isn't going to change. I read on ESPN this morning that Boras is saying Manny agreed to the offer but that there is no contract yet.

They also said that Bonds' agent is going to contact all 30 teams, I guess he still isn't ready to ride off into the sunset.

Not really a hot stove item but it is baseball related.

Last year there was a "kid" traded in the minor leagues for 10 bats due to an arrest when he was a kid that kept him from being able to cross into Canada and play ball.

"Batman is dead"

To bad some people can't always get away from their personal demons. :sad:

Well apparently "Mannywood" is back in Dodger Blue as of 12:45pm EST 3/4/09 dont quote me on the time I'm happy but I hope the "Drama" is on the field this year and not in the clubhouse with Manny but with Ramirez you never know, going to be an Interesting year.

Well apparently "Mannywood" is back in Dodger Blue as of 12:45pm EST 3/4/09 dont quote me on the time I'm happy but I hope the "Drama" is on the field this year and not in the clubhouse with Manny but with Ramirez you never know, going to be an Interesting year.

Woohoo, I think it is pretty much a done deal. Its all over the news here.

yes sir gas going to be a great year Bleed DODGER BLUE !!!!

Im pretty pumped. Depending on what kind of year Ethier and Kemp have, I think we might have one of the better line ups in the NL, maybe just bellow the Phillies. Im interested to see what Schmidt does this year. Its nice to have another Dodger fan on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back