Best round in years today

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Just had a good attitude today and it carried onto the golf course. Gold, front tee's. Three golf Bud's, 12:30 tee time, no one in front of us for 3 holes and it stayed that way through the round. All four of us are within one or two handicap points of each other. One over front nine, 15 putts, 6 of 7 fairways, 5 of 9 greens, couple up and downs from the fringe for a 37. Even par back nine, 14 putts, only 4 fairways with a couple of them just into the first cut of rough, 4 of nine greens but more up and downs from the fringe, two bogies and an eagle on the par 5 16th. I hit a sweet, straight, low drive (Cobra King F6, 10.5*, fwd weight graphite regular shaft) into the slight breeze on the par 5, a 4 iron (Cobra King F6 steel flighted regular shafts) hit on the nose from 188 slightly uphill to 10 ft. left of the hole pin high. See the putt, be the putt. Started it just outside the left edge and it hit the center of the cup just like I saw it. A most enjoyable 73.

I will savor this round for many days, weeks and all year. At 71 years young, replaced right shoulder and left knee, surgically repaired left shoulder and right knee, arthritis beginning in the right hand and many years behind me of 2.6 to 6.0 index golf handicap when I was younger and had much more club head speed.................. It was so nice to play as I did today, brought back memories of back when I was a player.

Couple weeks ago I played a round where I couldn't hit my butt with a sand wedge. Improved rounds since and then BOOM, one over golf today with the 1st eagle of 2016. Golf is humbling and also rewarding. Love it.

Awesome round!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Awesome dude!!

That's a great round....congrats!!!

Congrats!

Fantastic round - Congrats!

Congrats Mach2 that's awesome 2 over your age pretty solid

Congrats Mach2 that's awesome 2 over your age pretty solid
I didn't think about that, thanks for mentioning it. I have a goal now, shoot my age of 71, or in June I'll be 72. I can do this. :golf: :golf2: :golf3:

Well done!

Nice round! Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great round! And just two strokes from shooting your age too!

Congrats on the great round.

Congrats on the great round!!

That is fantastic!!!!! Congrats on a very good round...

Well done sir! I hope I am at or around my age, scoring wise when I grow up.

That's awesome! Some say attitude is everything.

Great round!

That's awesome! Some say attitude is everything.
Attitude is everything. I stay active and don't think about my age. You're only as old as you feel and I still feel young.

Congrats, fantastic round!!! Go do it again!!

Good for you man! That's pretty awesome.

Congrats! Now get back out there and shoot your age!

Congrats on a great round

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back