TaylorMade Golf - Mis-Hits Happen! New Product Launch?!

Looking forward to see what's next.

Me too. Hopefully the next generation of speedblades and a forgiving driver. I'd be thrilled to see either.

Me too. Hopefully the next generation of speedblades and a forgiving driver. I'd be thrilled to see either.

me too. Speedblades were a really good release from TM. SLDR irons aren't bad, but I think the Speedblades were better.

me too. Speedblades were a really good release from TM. SLDR irons aren't bad, but I think the Speedblades were better.

I'd be curious how they could be improved upon. Those were really well liked

I do think the release dates are the issue. There has been too much product coming at the market for the market to absorb.If that is not true for the big box guys it is for the mom and pops who I would like to see stay competitive.Having gone thru this cycle recently with Taylor made I would think some of the bigger purchasers, Dicks/GOLF Galaxy, Golf Smith and others are going to do a better job of buying based on the release dates and life cycle of the product(s).I am all for great new ideas and options.I do not think the market has flushed out the excess inventory yet.I travel in different states all the time and I always check out local golf shops. Tons of inventory of current and slightly dated product.I guess it makes me wonder how they market can take on more. As always it is caveat emptor.
Huh? I'm really confused here. Why are choices bad? Inventory management leads to issues not releases.

I would hate to have a hobby where I'm told this is the only option.

I do think the release dates are the issue. There has been too much product coming at the market for the market to absorb.If that is not true for the big box guys it is for the mom and pops who I would like to see stay competitive.Having gone thru this cycle recently with Taylor made I would think some of the bigger purchasers, Dicks/GOLF Galaxy, Golf Smith and others are going to do a better job of buying based on the release dates and life cycle of the product(s).I am all for great new ideas and options.I do not think the market has flushed out the excess inventory yet.I travel in different states all the time and I always check out local golf shops. Tons of inventory of current and slightly dated product.I guess it makes me wonder how they market can take on more. As always it is caveat emptor.

Except they are releasing less clubs now than they were when they were at the top...
It has nothing to do with releases. Everything to do inventory management and goals and expectations.
People never really stop to think that releasing 20 of something or one of something is not all that different depending on how you manage the inventory.

Despite what a small minority want to put out in a fear mode for some ridiculous reason. People that want to call themselves media, should know the facts before putting that kind of stuff out there, because it is blatantly false.
Do you think Nike, adidas, etc should be limited to the amount of shoes they put out each year? Maybe they should only put out one pair of running shoes. Should Toyota only be able to put out a Camry? Or can they make different products with different features and price sets?

Except they are releasing less clubs now than they were when they were at the top...
It has nothing to do with releases. Everything to do inventory management and goals and expectations.
People never really stop to think that releasing 20 of something or one of something is not all that different depending on how you manage the inventory.

Despite what a small minority want to put out in a fear mode for some ridiculous reason. People that want to call themselves media, should know the facts before putting that kind of stuff out there, because it is blatantly false.
Do you think Nike, adidas, etc should be limited to the amount of shoes they put out each year? Maybe they should only put out one pair of running shoes. Should Toyota only be able to put out a Camry? Or can they make different products with different features and price sets?

Exactly.

What's the difference between a company releasing 10 drivers but only building 100 of each compared to a company releasing 1 driver and building 1000 units? I'd bet the 10/100 approach moves more units and fits a lot more people than the 1/1000 approach.

Left over inventory is poor purchasing and poor sales. Law of supply and demand here.

Of course they have the right to produce goods at a variety of price points and offering different features and benefits.My fear is that they (the manufactures) do not seem very good at controlling those inventories. I guess that is their problem and it creates potential value in the marketplace.I will continue to believe that right now the releases are too close together. Time will tell.

I know TMag gets killed by a lot of people about their release cycles. But in their defense, their flagship driver is over a year old now.

If the rumors are true about this line, what does that make - 7 iron sets in a year? Man, I cringe at the article that must be in the works on that subject. Or is that against the text message buddy bro code?

Love me some unbiased journalism. Should be a good piece.

Brilliant marketing.

From what I can see most of, if not all, were wedge shots. Possibly a new extremely forgiving wedge? Or maybe it was just a coincidence, just an observation on my part lol.

Brilliant marketing.

From what I can see most of, if not all, were wedge shots. Possibly a new extremely forgiving wedge? Or maybe it was just a coincidence, just an observation on my part lol.

Same observation I had. All wedge shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the coolest thing is that a large number of THPers just faced this same exact shot last weekend.

Brilliant marketing.

I think the video is more of "these are the types of shots mishits leave you with" more so then "we've designed a club to help you with these crazy shots". My guess. The new ad campaign will focus on eliminating those types of crazy shots by making mishits less penal. #mishitpolice

the coolest thing is that a large number of THPers just faced this same exact shot last weekend.

Parred that hole! Thought I find it weird that they'd that video considering in the interview Palmer says it wasn't a mishit, just that the wind knocked it down.

Parred that hole! Thought I find it weird that they'd that video considering in the interview Palmer says it wasn't a mishit, just that the wind knocked it down.

you should listen to what he is saying and how he is saying it again.

Of course they have the right to produce goods at a variety of price points and offering different features and benefits.My fear is that they (the manufactures) do not seem very good at controlling those inventories. I guess that is their problem and it creates potential value in the marketplace.I will continue to believe that right now the releases are too close together. Time will tell.

The interesting thing to me is that it's always the OEMs that get blamed for inventory. When it is the retailers who are overstocking their shelves. Buyers are purchasing in mass bulk in order to get quantity discounts, trying to maximize margin on items sold. But when they buy too much inventory, chasing that discount, they blame the OEM for producing too many clubs.

you should listen to what he is saying and how he is saying it again.

I did. First he said he thought he flagged it (hit it perfectly) but then he says there ended up being more wind then he thought. He then mentions something about a mishit, but then at the end says it wasnt really a mishit and that it was just an unfortunate situation (the wind gusting up).

I like this video better when talking about mishits:

I think we've all had the dreaded "I think the divot went further than the ball"

Brilliant marketing.

I think it has to do with being in a bad situation, like Jason Day durring the Fed Ex cup.... Hehe. It looks like the Rsi irons are replacing everything up to the TP MB. The pictures of the different lines are floating around Google, I won't post them here as I'm not sure of an embargo or not. I will say slots are everywhere now.

The interesting thing to me is that it's always the OEMs that get blamed for inventory. When it is the retailers who are overstocking their shelves. Buyers are purchasing in mass bulk in order to get quantity discounts, trying to maximize margin on items sold. But when they buy too much inventory, chasing that discount, they blame the OEM for producing too many clubs.

Perfect, golf equipment should almost be considered a perishable item.

I think we've all had the dreaded "I think the divot went further than the ball"
Don't forget the comb-over divot!

This may have something to do with the new irons coming to replace the TP lines. Maybe an enlarged speed pocket or something...

Back