Ernest ES16 Launch Monitor

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP talked about it after the PGA Show and the device is coming to market shortly. I am hopping on the phone with Ernest Sports this morning, so if you have any questions about the device, or their previous models, post away.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAARgAAAAJDVmZWE2YTk1LTMyN2MtNGZiMi1iZTU4LWU5N2YyYzM1YzM2MA.jpg

looking forward to what comes out of this conversation. Camera and Doppler in one unit is nice. Should give lots of really good measurements with that combination. Looks like the company has come a good ways since the early days.

Estimated cost? Also why do you have to select club you are hitting if it is Doppler based? Want some more clarification on that. This seems like an incredibly solid unit if everything lines up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Also how will it be indoor wouldn't mind having one in the 3rd garage

• Admin
Estimated cost? Also why do you have to select club you are hitting if it is Doppler based? Want some more clarification on that. This seems like an incredibly solid unit if everything lines up.

From what I have learned so far, the club selection appears to be about camera angle and proper pick up to increase accuracy.
Estimated cost is somewhere in the neighborhood of 5k.

From what I have learned so far, the club selection appears to be about camera angle and proper pick up to increase accuracy.
Estimated cost is somewhere in the neighborhood of 5k.
That's actually a very solid price point if it is as solid as it looks

• Admin
That's actually a very solid price point if it is as solid as it looks

That is the million dollar question. Camera and doppler is very intriguing.

Camera AND doppler is beyond intriguing. I just want to know about overall accuracy, thats all that matters to me as someone who will be buying a unit of some sort within the next year.

Very intrigued to learn more. That background looks like the Hideaway.

Very intrigued by this. I have been pondering a good unit but the costs for trackman and flightscope are higher than I want to drop.

Accuracy and indoor use are my two big points of interest.

Sounds incredible, love the simulation aspect.

When it comes down to it, all I care about is accuracy. The combination of doppler and camera tech have me absolutely intrigued, but it has to get proven.

I love that they are expanding their designs and improving. That's big.

Ball Data
Carry Distance, Total Distance, Roll Distance, Ball Speed, Landing Position, Lateral Deviation, Vertical Launch Angle, Horizontal Launch Angle, Spin Rate, Spin Axis, Skills Distance to the Pin, Skills Score, Lateral Landing, Apex Height, Flight Time, Shot Dispersion, Verticle Decent Angle

Club Data
Club Head Speed, Smash Factor, Angle of Attack, Spin Loft, Club Speed Profile, Club Acceleration Profile, Face to Path, Face to Target, Club Path, Dynamic Loft

I see a lot of very important elements included, with no guessing. This could be a great unit.

When it comes down to it, all I care about is accuracy. The combination of doppler and camera tech have me absolutely intrigued, but it has to get proven.

I love that they are expanding their designs and improving. That's big.

I see a lot of very important elements included, with no guessing. This could be a great unit.

Agreed. Anything where they're assuming or guessing is no bueno. If it's accurate, that's one heck of a price point to be at too.

There was a lot of talk last weekend at Club Clash in regards to Launch Monitors, and the thought of a camera and dopplar sounds intriguing. Wondering how much added info it can give us?

How soon is soon? Do they have any prototypes out being tested by actual golfers or are all these claims on the data based on lab results??

An affordable, accurate, unit with simulator built in could be huge! As someone who is moving into a 1 bedroom apartment, it isn't very useful for me, but I could easily see this selling quite well if it does what it is promising at this price point.

Accuracy and feedback Isley for me. You have to expect the price point to be high for a device in this area.

Agreed. Anything where they're assuming or guessing is no bueno. If it's accurate, that's one heck of a price point to be at too.

None of them are "guessing", but there is a myth out there that things like Trackman and FlightScope are not doing calculations. They most certainly are.

None of them are "guessing", but there is a myth out there that things like Trackman and FlightScope are not doing calculations. They most certainly are.

Guessing is a bad word for it, but I would be under the impression that this device is going to be more accurate than something like their ES12.

Guessing is a bad word for it, but I would be under the impression that this device is going to be more accurate than something like their ES12.

Correct. ES12 was a single doppler device where as this has 4 and cameras.

Very intriguing device. Some good questions being brought up\.
The price point will still keep me away, but don't think I wouldn't be interested in this. This would be great for practice sessions.

THP talked about it after the PGA Show and the device is coming to market shortly. I am hopping on the phone with Ernest Sports this morning, so if you have any questions about the device, or their previous models, post away.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAARgAAAAJDVmZWE2YTk1LTMyN2MtNGZiMi1iZTU4LWU5N2YyYzM1YzM2MA.jpg

JB are they going to allow you to test it? I had heard they weren't allowing any independent testers, as they got some bad reviews with the es14.... Kinda set off alarm bells, as if your product isn't good enough to stand up to an independent review, then... is it worth the risk?
I hope they allow THP to test the unit.

JB are they going to allow you to test it? I had heard they weren't allowing any independent testers, as they got some bad reviews with the es14.... Kinda set off alarm bells, as if your product isn't good enough to stand up to an independent review, then... is it worth the risk?
I hope they allow THP to test the unit.

Honestly? No idea as I did not ask. But my plan is to go to their office sometime soon, so I am sure it can be tested. I wouldnt buy a device without knowing what I am looking at. They know THP, and know our review system based on facts, so I am sure they would be welcome to having us try the unit.

Man of its really that good, I would be very interested in picking one up. Could help with the winter prep instead of just putting.

Back