Top 5 Holiday Movies/shows

Top five for me (in no particular order):

Christmas Vacation
Home Alone
Elf
The Santa Clause
A Christmas Story

Going to knock these 5 out with my daughter today.

1. Home Alone
2. Arthur Christmas
3. Rudolph
4. Elf
5. A Christmas Story

1. The Polar Express
2. Miracle on 34th Street
3. It's a Wonderful Life
4. A Christmas Story
5. Scrooged

Polar Express
A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
Jingle All The Way
The Santa Claus

Scrooged
Elf
The Polar Express
A Christmas Story
LETHAL WEAPON

Noticed that the Jim Carrey Grinch movie isn't on a lot of people's lists. My wife has been watching Christmas movies non-stop this week as she wraps presents, and this was one of the movies we watched a couple of nights ago. I felt like I was in ADHD hell. The movie was so over the top annoying I had to get up and leave. I think there may have been a time I actually liked this movie (which is why I have it on iTunes), or maybe I've gotten to be a bigger curmudgeon than I thought. Though honestly, I imagine if I went back ... most of his movies are this annoying.

Noticed that the Jim Carrey Grinch movie isn't on a lot of people's lists. My wife has been watching Christmas movies non-stop this week as she wraps presents, and this was one of the movies we watched a couple of nights ago. I felt like I was in ADHD hell. The movie was so over the top annoying I had to get up and leave. I think there may have been a time I actually liked this movie (which is why I have it on iTunes), but maybe I've gotten to be a bigger curmudgeon than I thought. Though honestly, I imagine if I went back ... most of his movies are this annoying.
Literally the only scene in that movie that makes me laugh, is when he is trying on all the different outfits to wear to the whoville Christmas celebration. "I'm not going." But I think that's only because I picture THPers doing that with golf outfits on their way to Invitationals.

1. Home Alone
2. Miracle on 34th St
3. Die Hard
4. Christmas Vacation
5. Its A Wonderful Life

Noticed that the Jim Carrey Grinch movie isn't on a lot of people's lists. My wife has been watching Christmas movies non-stop this week as she wraps presents, and this was one of the movies we watched a couple of nights ago. I felt like I was in ADHD hell. The movie was so over the top annoying I had to get up and leave. I think there may have been a time I actually liked this movie (which is why I have it on iTunes), or maybe I've gotten to be a bigger curmudgeon than I thought. Though honestly, I imagine if I went back ... most of his movies are this annoying.

I dunno, I think it's a fun movie. Definitely not high cinema, but it is Jim Carrey.

Slightly off topic, but a few of us at work were talking about how much more we enjoy Jim Carrey in serious roles, even though he's more known for being an ADHD lunatic. The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind are just outstanding.

Home Alone
Jingle All the Way
Elf
Nightmare Before Christmas
A Christmas Story

1. Elf
2. Prancer
3. Christmas Vacation
4. The Santa Clause
5. Home Alone

Although not a Christmas theme, I always do a Band of Brothers marathon on Christmas day.

For me...

1) A Christmas Story
2) How the Grinch Stole Christmas
3) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
4) Elf
5) Die Hard (happens on Christmas, it counts lol)

Mike and Mike have the argument about Die Hard every year....Greeny says it is a Christmas movie and Golic says no way...ha

1) Christmas Vacation
2) Elf
3) Love Actually
4) It's A Wonderful Life
5) A Christmas Story

Mike and Mike have the argument about Die Hard every year....Greeny says it is a Christmas movie and Golic says no way...ha

Die-Hard-christmas-Sweater.jpg

1. Peanuts Christmas Special
2. It's A Wonderful Life
3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
4. Love Actually
5. Die Hard

Even though I wouldn't call it a Christmas movie, we always end up watching Die Hard at Christmas.
My brother!!!! Greatest Christmas movie ever! I ;think I've seen that flick 100+ times.
There are six Christmas songs in that movie. It's a Christmas movie.

That said:
1 Die Hard
2 Christmas Vacation
3 Elf
4 Scrooged
5 Home Alone

Honorable Mention: Last night, for the first time, I watched the animated Jim Carrey flick, AChristmas Carol, and was quite surprised. I thought it was good. Loved that it was kind of dark and scary and the animation/CGI was incredible.

edit: Crap, forgot about Jingle All the Way. Love that movie. Make it #6.

qA6sJIf.gif

1. Home Alone
2. Elf
3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (combined, but old was better)
4. Christmas Vacation
5. It's a Wonderful Life

It's A Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story
Miracle on 34th Street
White Christmas
A Charlie Brown Christmas

I guess I go pretty old school since the newest one on my list is A Christmas Story.

1. Scrooged
2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original)
3. A Christmas Story
4. The Santa Clause
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas

And I'm of the opinion that there are Christmas movies and then there are movies that happen to take place during Christmas. I would put Die Hard & Lethal Weapon in the latter category ... (flame on!)

I cant put them in order so ill just name them

Jingle all the way
White Christmas
Original Grinch
Christmas Story
Home Alone

Hard to pick an order...

1. A Christmas Story
2. Christmas Vacation
3. Elf
4. A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart version)
5. The Family Man

Honorable mentions to:

Die Hard 1&2
Serendipity
Joyeaux Noel
Just Friends
Prep and Landing
Mickey's A Christmas Carol
Muppets Christmas Carol
Garfield Christmas
Original Grinch cartoon
The Santa Claus 1