Small Cups - Do you practice putting with them?

OITW

Reaction score
My course has these small cups on the putting green.

710b43829a3c1d0b4e8cf7a483632fe2.jpg

I've been practicing my 5' with them and it definitely makes it a pretty good challenge.

Do you use them?

If so what do you think?

Great practice. Love working with smaller cups for keeping hands and putter through

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I use discs that are 1.5" smaller than a regulation cup when working on short putts.

Only one course near us has them. I like to use them for the short putts. It really helps me hit the center of the cup in short putts

I love practicing on the smaller cup

There were some of these at the Annika Academy when I was there last spring. And also some when I played with Spivey at a course in AZ last fall. Excellent practice!

I actually have a couple small disks, hole cut outs that are smaller that I practice with.

I have only ever seen one of those small cups (Sudden Valley) and I enjoyed using it, but I regularly just stick a tee in the green and use that to practice putts inside of 5'. It's really hard but I find that aiming small leads to better putting.

Never seen these, but could see them being pretty useful.

Aren't you celebrating? Or are you practicing short putts.

We celebrated earlier and now the girls are in Daytona for gymnastic and the boys are at Jungle book

I wish the courses around here had these. They help focus when practicing for sure

Yeah I'll take a few cracks at them from about 3' jsut to see if I'm pulling or pushing it

Nah dont usually mess with them

I use the smaller cups about 1/4 of the time. Helps w pace and line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love them, but only one course here has them. Really helps around that 5' range on precision.

I just have a pain getting the ball back out of the hole again lol.

My course usually has two cut about 6-10 feet apart. I love practicing on them for short putts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time I see them will use them. Especially if it's busy nobody seems to use them and are usually off to the edge of the practice green anyway.

Nope because I can't my fat little fingers in there to get the ball out

Not a fan. The size is disracting to me.

Never seen a course with them but i am intrigued.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Never seen a course with them but i am intrigued.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Me neither, and me too. I still doubt I would practice putting before playing, at least at Painted.

Had one on our putting green last year. Always hit last 6 puts to it prior to teeing off. Loved it. Got you dialed in. Going to have to ask why it's not there this year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back