Best Advice Received?

"You are paying to play, not paid to play, so have fun and enjoy the time spent"

"Don't hit the ball too many times, it hurts the score"

"Someone in your foursome is going to have the most fun, might as well be you."

Mine is just to have fun...

Truly that is why I play golf. Not for the score or to try and hit every shot perfect, but to just enjoy those 4 hours out in nature with some buddies.

One of the wisest things I ever heard was a simple one.

"Whether you are good or bad, play fast. Nobody remembers the shots as long as you are fun, but most remember and dislike the slow golfer at the club."
What a great piece of advise - and soooo true.

Never follow up a bad shot with a dumb shot.
I think about this one all of the time after a bad shot. This advise has saved me more strokes than any other tip.

You're not good enough to get angry about a bad shot. One of my favs.
This was mine. Kept me interested in the game and the temper down at a young age.

Go with the back of the green approach distance (unless long is death). You're not that good.

After putting the clubs away for over a decade I remember my FIL saying lets just go out and silence the world and relax. That is golf for me, silencing the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played with my 87 year old Dad last summer in NYC. The guy playing with us was painfully slow. On about the 4th hole Dad says to the guy, "there's your ball and there's the hole, now hit the f*&%ing ball at the hole." Nothing like a little "Dad" wisdom.

Played with my 87 year old Dad last summer in NYC. The guy playing with us was painfully slow. On about the 4th hole Dad says to the guy, "there's your ball and there's the hole, now hit the f*&%ing ball at the hole." Nothing like a little "Dad" wisdom.

Well at least he got to the point. Every Time I see an old guy playing slow I generally believe there is an old woman he isn't too excited about going home to.

You're not good enough to get angry about a bad shot. One of my favs.

I use it rarely but when needed it often has the desired effect.

My pro always says "Nate, remember to have fun out there" and "par might only be 4 shots, but there are tons of ways to hit them"

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Trust the process. Do all your thinking behind the ball, but when you get to the ball, you have to trust everything that you just thought of and execute. Since putting that mindset in, I've shot in the 70's 8 of my last 10 rounds!

I took a golf class at junior college (because, junior college) and the old timer "teaching" the class instructed us to use our backswing as a power gauge for distance on wedge and partial shots. Always accelerate, never decelerate, truer words have never been spoken.

"I took a golf class at junior college (because, junior college)"

HAHA...I took archery and bowling for the same reason

Two.

Never give up. If you can get a club on the ball you have a chance.

Swing at 80%...............smooth is good.

I took a golf class at junior college (because, junior college) and the old timer "teaching" the class instructed us to use our backswing as a power gauge for distance on wedge and partial shots. Always accelerate, never decelerate, truer words have never been spoken.

I took golf in college at a private university. that class also happened to be split one half golf the other half badminton. probably the most fun class I took in 4 years.

I took golf in college at a private university. that class also happened to be split one half golf the other half badminton. probably the most fun class I took in 4 years.

This makes me want to go back to college

Stop swinging so far. Best advice because it has allowed me to be more accurate and not be so tired after a round.

Playing with my good friend and on a par three he hit a really good shot to about 5 feet while I missed the green. I asked what he hit. His reply "3/4 grip, 3/4 swing, cut 7-iron". I kind of chuckled, but then looked at the result and asked about it.

He then opened my eyes to a whole new world of club selection. Now I can hit many distances with any of 2-3 clubs depending on what needs to be done. Totally changed the way I approach a shot and gives options rather pull a club and hit it hard.

Back