Bog33y

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm planning doing a crab boil for 10 people for Mother's Day. I've got my red potatoes, corn on the cob, lemons, and seasoning ready to go. I'm headed to Costco tomorrow for the seafood and my question is how many pounds of shrimp and crab (dungeness and king crab) do I need to feed that many?

Thanks!!

You can expect about 25% of yield for each crab. Depending the people. It can vary how many it will take to feed 10.

I'm planning doing a crab boil for 10 people for Mother's Day. I've got my red potatoes, corn on the cob, lemons, and seasoning ready to go. I'm headed to Costco tomorrow for the seafood and my question is how many pounds of shrimp and crab (dungeness and king crab) do I need to feed that many?

Thanks!!

I typically plan on a half lb or so for each full size person, double for teenagers and half for the little kids. 10 people I'd probably go 5 lbs of shrimp and then add crab for each person depending how the crab is cut up. A cluster or so per person of king crab legs maybe?

Because crab doesn't yield a lot and people eat shrimp like it's going out of style I would go 10lb shrimp and 15lb crab

How many pounds?

I've been known to bull doze through a bushel of blue cawl crabs. But a bunch of beer and French fries are also in the mix

Wish I could give you a number but crab eating is a lot of work. Could be 5 to 24 crabs depending on the size of the person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.5 lbs of crab per person.

With crab being so expensive and generally not super filling I usually add something else to the boil like shrimp or sometimes kielbasa.

If your just doing crab I like JBs recommendation if 1.5 lbs pp

1-2lbs of crab per person and I would go with 10 lbs of shrimp.

Thanks everyone!! I've got corn on the cob and red potatoes that'll be going in too, probably no sausage though. I'm headed to Costco tonight for the seafood!

5ffa07445b977902bf0d8d4c9453696c.jpg

Hope your Mothers Days were great, here's a pic of ours. Just wanted to share how the boil turned out from all of your advice...

Ended up with 6 Dungeness crabs, 4lbs of prawns, 5lbs of Manilla clams, 3 small bags of mini red potatoes, and 8 ears of corn.

Zattaran's boxed mixed was a little too spicy for my parents, so I diluted it down to where it was barely noticeable for them. It was pretty easy to do, just breaking down the crab was a pain but well worth it. So much fun just pouring everything out on the table and seeing the expressions on everyone's face.

Thanks again everyone... Cheers!!

Back