Tampa area cuisine

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
I will be in Tampa next weekend visiting my BIL and my wife wants to get a Cuban sandwich while there. Where is the best Cuban in/around Tampa...also may be able to venture further out than just the Tampa area

i have been wanting to try a grouper sandwich and mentioned it to my BIL who is interested in trying one too. Where is the best grouper in the area and again may be able to travel some.

What part of town are you going to be in?

If it's me, I am going to Ybor. You can find a great sandwich at different places all over town, but getting it in Ybor just feels right. I like Gaspar's Grottos, Carmine's and the Tropicana.

What part of town are you going to be in?

BIL lives in Odessa, will be there, maybe in Lutz and New Port Richie most of the weekend. But it's possible we will have the flexibility to spend time going south nit sure how far south at this point

BIL lives in Odessa, will be there, maybe in Lutz and New Port Richie most of the weekend. But it's possible we will have the flexibility to spend time going south nit sure how far south at this point

Based on that, here is what I would say.

For Grouper, its worth going to the beach area.
Guppys, Dockside Daves
Further but good is the Hurricane. Closer and famous but not as good anymore Frenchys.

For Cuban, close by, you could go to Cuban Breezes in Oldsmar. Its decent.
For authentic go to Havana near the stadium on Dale Mabry
For fancy, go to the Columbia (get the 1905 salad and a Cuban).

Guppys, Dockside Daves
Further but good is the Hurricane. Closer and famous but not as good anymore Frenchys.

thanks. I knew I could count on you for some options

Guppys, Dockside Daves

Can confirm . the empanadas and Cubans at Cuban breezes are top notch.

Warehouse deli is also amazing for American food.

Fireside grill has the most amazing guac ever .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Can confirm . the empanadas and Cubans at Cuban breezes are top notch.

Warehouse deli is also amazing for American food.

Fireside grill has the most amazing guac ever .

I think you mean Flamestone, right?
If so, that is right there in Oldsmar and I agree.

Yes. I'm an idiot.

Larrys Deli in Land O Lakes off of 41. Near by and phenomenal.

You should bring your clubs, I may be able to assist with some golf action while you're down. It's not like I don't know where he found a place or anything

Love that place, and Cuban breeze is pretty good. Spoiled to live close to it

JB is right on the money. If you're celebrating or commemorating anything, the Columbia is an experience. Their Paella is outstanding. Flamestone in Oldsmar has always been a good experience. The golfing in Tampa is also good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should bring your clubs, I may be able to assist with some golf action while you're down. It's not like I don't know where he found a place or anything

I wasn't planning to bring them as i was trying to keep it a family trip but 4 hours or so one of the days can't hurt. Let me run that by the other half and see what the plans are.

I wasn't planning to bring them as i was trying to keep it a family trip but 4 hours or so one of the days can't hurt. Let me run that by the other half and see what the plans are.

It's cool, I do know some of the family involved as well as a course close by. Just let me know friend!

Back