Papaw

Reaction score
Is anyone that purchased a High Heat Driver still using it? Reading some of the older threads on this, it sounded like several people including JB spoke positively about it except the sound it made. I'm just wondering if it ever took off. I don't recall seeing any signatures with it in their bag.

I purchased one about 2 months ago. I used it for a few weeks, then went back to my XR16 driver. Used it for a few weeks and felt like the High Heat was a better choice, so I decided to go back and use it again for a few weeks to see how it felt. Been using it for 3 weeks and I think I'm going to stay with it. Drives are more consistent. The sound is not that bad, but the delivery is worth it in my opinion.

I've let a few friends give it a whack and they found it to be very forgiving and long.

I've still got one in my bag. Took me a bit to get adjusted to it, but when I catch it right (which is more often than not now) it's very consistent.

The sound is just... I'm not a fan. At all.

I've still got one in my bag. Took me a bit to get adjusted to it, but when I catch it right (which is more often than not now) it's very consistent.

The sound is just... I'm not a fan. At all.

The sound is rough, but I still agree with you that its super forgiving and for some reason almost hypnotic to want to keep hitting it.

The sound is rough, but I still agree with you that its super forgiving and for some reason almost hypnotic to want to keep hitting it.

Absolutely. The sound is harsh but the ballflight is almost exactly the same with a decent swing - mid height and dead straight. I've learned not to hit it in covered range stalls :D

Absolutely. The sound is harsh but the ballflight is almost exactly the same with a decent swing - mid height and dead straight. I've learned not to hit it in covered range stalls :D

Earplugs!

I'd love to hit it if you have it at RR in June.

Earplugs!

I'd love to hit it if you have it at RR in June.

I'll have it with me and you're more than welcome to give it a few whacks!

Back