The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to see the new guys start off well for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Alex Guerrero, Yasmani Grandal, Joc Pederson and Jimmy Rollins each have a home run. It's good to see Adrian Gonzales hitting well right now with 5 home runs and 7 rbi as well as Yasiel Puig contribute with 2 home runs and 3 rbi. It will be interesting to see how their pitchers hold up throughout the season and if Joc Pederson has a solid rookie year.

MLB's replay is as useless as useless gets.

Since starting 1-3 the Rays have now won 4 straight. Maybe I misjudged this team. Their top 3 pitchers are still on the DL but they are getting it done.

Since starting 1-3 the Rays have now won 4 straight. Maybe I misjudged this team. Their top 3 pitchers are still on the DL but they are getting it done.

They should trade for Melvin Jr.

Just send Nolan Arenado his 3rd gold glove now.

They should trade for Melvin Jr.
Hmm, if the Padres will eat his entire contract, we will give them a single A relief pitcher and a pack of Top Deck cards.

Hmm, if the Padres will eat his entire contract, we will give them a single A relief pitcher and a pack of Top Deck cards.

With or without the dried up stick of bubblegum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With or without the dried up stick of bubblegum?

That depends on if he comes with those sweet Oakley glasses

Well, KC won't be going 162-0.

I really thought they had a chance, hahaha.

Erasco Ramirez pitched 3.1 innings today and 9 runs scored.

This outing was an improvement for him, so he LOWERED his era to 23.

The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Petco Park in San Diego tonight during evening game time. View attachment 19503

So the pitch clock they're testing at AAA is saving on average 8 minutes a game. Not having the impact they'd hoped I would say. Resetting it every time the pitcher steps off the rubber might have something to do with it.

So the pitch clock they're testing at AAA is saving on average 8 minutes a game. Not having the impact they'd hoped I would say. Resetting it every time the pitcher steps off the rubber might have something to do with it.
Is that 8 in addition to what MLB saw as time improvements in the first week?

Is that 8 in addition to what MLB saw as time improvements in the first week?
Heard it on the ride in this morning. Sounded like they implied it was compared to the average from last season. Did you hear different?

Heard it on the ride in this morning. Sounded like they implied it was compared to the average from last season. Did you hear different?
Nope haven't heard anything about the minor league stuff. But I know the MLB avg was down 8 in week 1.

I heard on a broadcast the other day that so far this year the mlb is averaging 10 minutes shorter game time this year than last. Small sample size but if it continues that is a good improvement.

Nope haven't heard anything about the minor league stuff. But I know the MLB avg was down 8 in week 1.
And that's without a pitch clock. They're only testing that in the minors, correct?

And that's without a pitch clock. They're only testing that in the minors, correct?
Correct. Clock between innings and changes like batters keeping 1 foot in the batters box.

I'm not a fanboy of his and I doubt t he can keep it up all year, but what AROD has done in the first 2 weeks of the season has been impressive. Over 300 avg, 4 homers, 13 RBI. His last 3 homers haven't been cheap ones either. Hard to believe the guy didn't play baseball at all last year.

I'm not a fanboy of his and I doubt t he can keep it up all year, but what AROD has done in the first 2 weeks of the season has been impressive. Over 300 avg, 4 homers, 13 RBI. His last 3 homers haven't been cheap ones either. Hard to believe the guy didn't play baseball at all last year.

He's spent some time in the weight room...

Mets win their 6th in a row.

Holy crap....

I can't believe I'm watching baseball again.

Freddie Freeman is an animal.

That is all.

when does the Didi G experiment end for the yankees? platoon Ryan and Drew at short, petit at 2nd along with ryan and drew.

also waiting for the offense to be consistent for at least one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back