Fyre Lake National Review - Sherrard IL

More problems at Fyre Lake.

Company line is "no big deal", but sure doesn't sound good to me. Still not sure how they sell something on a lien when it's a completely different owner, but I'm no lawyer.

http://www.qconline.com/sports/golf...cle_8dba7504-bda5-59cd-9af1-268d0824a82b.html

They are open though. Liquor license comes up for renewal in May and they still owe the village of Sherrard hundreds of thousands of dollars. Guessing that is going to be the next drama.

Man I was just thinking about this place. My buddy and I were deciding whether to play there or TPC this summer.

Well, that makes that decision easy.

I'd play both if you can, but if you're picking one then its not even a question. TPC is a far better course as far as conditions go. You can play this one very cheap though if you keep your eyes open.

I'd play both if you can, but if you're picking one then its not even a question. TPC is a far better course as far as conditions go. You can play this one very cheap though if you keep your eyes open.
Just hard to imagine a course operating in the red can keep a course in good condition. Let me know if you get a round in there before mid May.

More problems at Fyre Lake.

Company line is "no big deal", but sure doesn't sound good to me. Still not sure how they sell something on a lien when it's a completely different owner, but I'm no lawyer.

http://www.qconline.com/sports/golf...cle_8dba7504-bda5-59cd-9af1-268d0824a82b.html

They are open though. Liquor license comes up for renewal in May and they still owe the village of Sherrard hundreds of thousands of dollars. Guessing that is going to be the next drama.

By clubhouse I assume he means the mobile home?

Kind of like wilhump said, the owner seems very shady. I will say this though.....I played the course in early April and the greens were in rough shape shape. Many had little pock marks in them that looks like old ball marks but it was some kind of disease. I played it this past Friday (5/1) and it had improved a TON. It looks like they are really putting some effort into fixing the greens. I was pleasantly surprised by this. They look to be healing up nicely.

Worth playing soon brock? I've been waiting to hear some feedback from this season and it sounds like it might be getting there.

I wish I could make it to that course when its in decent shape. Every time we have played it something major has been wrong. The last time we played half the fairways were so soggy you would sink to your ankles, I ended up leaving 4 balls in the middle of the fairway because of it. And to make it worse some jack off had been driving right down the middle of them leaving ruts.

They significantly raised their rates this year. Or, just aren't offering the discounts they were last year. Sorry, but I'm not paying $60 to play it unless I know it's in perfect shape and even then, it's in the realm of courses I'll play once or twice a year.

They significantly raised their rates this year. Or, just aren't offering the discounts they were last year. Sorry, but I'm not paying $60 to play it unless I know it's in perfect shape and even then, it's in the realm of courses I'll play once or twice a year.

They will drop them as soon as they figure out they won't get much business at 60.

They will drop them as soon as they figure out they won't get much business at 60.

That's what I figured too. I was all amped to play it, but even the hot deals on GolfNow are $50 right now. No thanks. Unless I hear it's in great shape. Then I'd consider it, but based on the past I have a hard time believing it. Like you said, they have had some major drainage issues.

I love the course but like hawk said full price is no go.

That place is probably a swamp right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope someone with some money buys the place in this foreclosure auction comes up and gets todd raufeisen out of there.

has anyone played fyre lake recently? I was curious to the condition of the greens, I like brock played in early April and the greens were horrible actually unputable in some spots. I really hope they get this fixed, as I really enjoy this course. Also any thoughts to the future of the golf course?

They got the liquor licence back for now because Sherard didn't follow the law when they revoked it.

What a disaster .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting stuff.

They are now playing out this fued via conventional and social media - barbs going back and forth between the mayor and the owner. Makes it appear like a spat in the trailer park if you ask me. Terribly unbecoming of a course that is trying to appear exclusive.

Interesting stuff.

They are now playing out this fued via conventional and social media - barbs going back and forth between the mayor and the owner. Makes it appear like a spat in the trailer park if you ask me. Terribly unbecoming of a course that is trying to appear exclusive.

to be honest, the entire area is rather trailer park-y so it's probably par for the course. Also, their clubhouse is a literal trailer. I could keep going but you guys get the point :p

Well it's a double-wide, but fair assessment lol.

It's really wild dude. He posted close up pictures of the greens to show it's in good shape, followed by some rant of how the mayor is targeting him and doesn't want the sales tax revenue. The weirdest thing that I still don't quite understand is that they are going to auction it off early next month for a lien from the original construction company that the current owner isn't involved in. I have no clue how that works.

Well it's a double-wide, but fair assessment lol.

It's really wild dude. He posted close up pictures of the greens to show it's in good shape, followed by some rant of how the mayor is targeting him and doesn't want the sales tax revenue. The weirdest thing that I still don't quite understand is that they are going to auction it off early next month for a lien from the original construction company that the current owner isn't involved in. I have no clue how that works.

From what I read, Raufeisen and the construction company were just in court to determine who's lien had priority. Raufeisen was likely a creditor to the original owner and of course never got paid (no one did apparently). He probably was the only one with the desire to even run the course when the owner dropped out so he took it over. He isn't technically the owner, he's just running the place while it is in receivership. The auction will determine the actual new owner of Fyre Lake with the proceeds first going to the construction company then to Raufeisen then to any other creditors. He could be SOL if the place goes for less than $400k, which honestly seems very possible given that it's in the middle of nowhere and no one goes there.

Back