How to Clean a Golf Hat

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
We have a new series we are working on and I need your help.

I want to know from the readers, how do you clean your golf hat?

If the wife isn't home I stick mine in the dishwasher on a short cycle. If she's home I wash by hand in the sink with detergent.

I usually take laundry detergent and a brush and clean the hat in the shower. Then leave it hanging in the shower to dry.

This takes a little more work, but the results are usually very good, and you can keep the shape of the hat/bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oxiclean soak then light scrub and rinse. Seems to do better than the washing machine process.

I used to run them through the dishwasher.

I have a bunch if hats so normally cleansing them isn't required but what I did in the last was have a cap buddy and you put the cap you want in there and then place in dishwasher to get washedwashed

I'm interested to hear how everyone does this because no matter what I do the elastic band on the fitted hats always gets messed up from washing.

Dishwasher here as well. Though as a rule from the boss of the house, I have to do a min of 5 hats at once before I am allowed to do it.

For just washing out sweat after a hot day, just squirt if off with the hose when I get home. For dirt, dish detergent and an old toothbrush.

I've not run through a process that I really trust, 100%. Though, I've never done the dishwasher route either...sooo.

I get the sink water really really hot. Soak the areas that need it then scrub with a tooth brush and dish soap and rinse. Then I'll let the hat dry on one of the racks used to put them in the dishwasher or washing machine. Works like a charm really.

I don't wash them. I like that broken in look…

I use the dishwasher

Dishwasher works great!

Usually by hand in my sink with some laundry detergent, but no matter what I do the flex fit is shot afterwards.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I need to try the dishwasher. I always ran mine through the washing machine (only the hat, no other clothes) with - so far - great success. However, I'm not sure if I've just gotten lucky or not. I'd assume it also depends on the type of hat, what kind of materials/etc.

For small stains, sish soap and a decently clean tooth brush. Gently brush with warm water and it goes away well. That gets tough when it gets bigger but it can do.

We have a new series we are working on and I need your help.

I want to know from the readers, how do you clean your golf hat?
I use an upholsery dry cleaning foam and a sponge. Its the same technique as when we clean high end silk or linen couches.

Mix dry cleaning solvent with warm water in a bucket. Soak the sponge then squeeze out all of the water in the sponge. You ll have foam only left on the sponge. Scrub foam into the hat all over. Vacuum out excess foam. Let dry. Hat will look good as new with no material shrinkage.

I use one of those hat clean racks that you put in the dishwasher and wash them in there.

What is a golf hat? In Texas most of us wear baseball caps but you see some baggy looking garden hats and a few hats like Ben Hogan era used to wear.

Another vote for dishwasher.

I use the dishwasher and one of those hat frames to help keep the shape of the hat. It works well for me.

hwl

I spray all of my hats with a sweat protector from Lids. I'll apply after a few rounds & it's kept the hats looking good and no sweat stains. If it's a hat i'm partial to i'll take a toothbrush to it with oxyclean, otherwise it gets thrown away and i'll pick up a new one.

Back