How to Renew or Refresh a Golf Glove

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
We have a new series we are working on and I need your help.

I want to know from the readers, how do you refresh or renew your golf gloves?

I heard heard washing machine.
Have not tried it. Maybe hot water?

Honestly if mine gets crusty or worn down, I just throw it away.

I have never tried to clean a golf glove. Clorox wipe or Gripe might do the trick though

I've never tried refresh one. Usually, if it's wet to a degree, I'll leave it out of my bag and let it air dry on the counter in the laundry if it's really bad. Maybe hit it with some Frabreeze, too.

Never tried to clean a glove either.

I usually just replace it. Or throw it in a bag to use on the practice range.

I just throw mine out once they get bad, but a buddy of mine uses warm water, dawn dish soap, and a tooth brush and cleans his gloves. From what I have seen it works pretty well

I just replace......Costo 3 for $15 Callaway's.

Never tried but what about using some type of leather cleaner/conditioner like you would use on your car/furniture/shoes?

I've never tried but would like to hear what kind of results you get with gripes or toothbrush, or washing machine.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Washing machine and then put them in a plastic sandwich bag ( leave open) and put them in a micowave. Works pretty well!

Washing machine seems promising, or maybe just a toothbrush and some hot water.
I would think the washing machine maybe too much for the gloves. Maybe a gentle cycle.

trash can for me

I keep mine in zip lock bags and they stay pretty fresh...I've accidentially washed them on accident...whitens them up a bit and they get hard until you wear them and stretch them back out a bit. I think they would start to slowly fall apart after a few of these though.....the problem with mine isn't so much them staying fresh, but the hole I wear in the palm!

Someone mentioned in an past thread to keep your glove stored in a zip lock bag. I started doing that and they have remained amazingly soft and have made them last longer.

Someone mentioned in an past thread to keep your glove stored in a zip lock bag. I started doing that and they have remained amazingly soft and have made them last longer.

I do that. Seems to have worked really well.

I've seen washing machine work well on them. One friend said dryer worked and didn't shrink it, one said it did so he just hung it up to dry.

We have a new series we are working on and I need your help.

I want to know from the readers, how do you refresh or renew your golf gloves?

I've never tried. I put my glove in a ziploc bag after I use it to keep the moisture in it to avoid it drying out, but once it's lost some luster I usually just give up on it. If I can lose a couple five dollar golf balls in a round, I can use a new glove every 10-15 rounds haha!

First I have heard of this. I will certainly try this with my next new glove.

Washing Machine, Line Dry and into a sealed Zip Lock Bag. Keeps them supple for quite sometime.

Back