How to Renew or Refresh a Golf Glove

Someone mentioned in an past thread to keep your glove stored in a zip lock bag. I started doing that and they have remained amazingly soft and have made them last longer.

I always put mine back in the bag that comes with them, but it isn't sealed... maybe the sealed bag will get them to last longer.

Thanks for the tip!

We have a new series we are working on and I need your help.

I want to know from the readers, how do you refresh or renew your golf gloves?

I have no idea. They are cheap enough I just throw them away and go new 2 or 3 times a year.

I've washed some here and there. Throw it in the washing machine on cold with a little laundry detergent. Then hang dry it. Never had a problem.

I just leave them in the club bag, trunk of the car, winter and summer, wear the crap out of them and throw them away

I wear them out pretty evenly. Almost never wear a hole in a glove. After so long though they get so thin that they get kind of slick. Usually I throw them out then...

Washing machine and air dry, inside.

Saw this a FootJoy Glove Package:
a89c81859ac2163fb28555daad9bbf64.jpg

Buy the Callaway 3 pack at Costco for $16.99 and put a new one on every other round like I do.:act-up:

Since I buy the DynaGrip Elite golf gloves from MG golf, 2 for $13.95, I buy 3 (and receive 6) at a time that pretty much last me all year, even playing 5 days/week, weather permitting. They wear very well for me so I just replace when needed.

You guys should try using Gripes on gloves. It restores the tackiness like a boss! I buy the callaway Xspann gloves that don't Velcro. They are expensive so I try to get as many rounds out of them as I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never tried to clean a golf glove. Clorox wipe or Gripe might do the trick though

I can say from experience that Clorox clean up wipes work wonders. Not only do they clean off residue, but they also don't dehydrate the leather.

They are by far the best at cleaning off leftover grip tape residue and glue from shaft bands and price labels as well.

I don't do anything to refresh them. I used to wear a hole near the butt of the club, but changing my grip eliminated that. Now, I retire a glove when it's stretched so much there's no lower Velcro showing after I've put it on.

I wonder whether washing one would cause it to shrink a little.

I will try the steam bath. I put the glove own spray it with carpet cleaner. Rub it in, then rinse out with warm water. Press between towels then put over the end of a blow dryer on the cool setting. Leave until almost dry the hang in a cool place for an hour. Then put in zip lock. Another smart move is to spray the inside of the glove with antiperspirant. This keeps your glove hand from sweating and prolongs the life of a glove by 100%. With a new glove, I just spray my hand. Keeps it dry on all by most humid days.

After one of my golfing buddies said he did this, I took two of my MG DynaGrip Elite gloves, sprayed them with stain remover and threw them into a cold wash with other clothes. When done I took them out, put them on to form them, then laid them flat to dry out. They turned out not quite as white as original but were pretty darn clean and more than serviceable from a softness standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washing machine a couple of times for me. Mine usually get torn or a hole before they are dirty beyond saving.

Back