How to Renew or Refresh a Golf Glove

It's always been my experience that once a glove gets saturated with water, it will die a slow death after that. I have old ones I use if it is raining, and I try to save them after, but for the most part they are just never the same.

I'm in the camp that they have a useful lifespan and when done, get a new one.

Gloves are like anything else made of leather. Soap and water kill them. Salt kills them. Oils refresh them.

Remember when you used neatsfoot oil on your baseball glove to loosen it up? Same concept.

I wash mine in the trash can though.

I've washed mine in the washing machine and rack dry them in the clothes dryer without issue.

Soap and water won't kill them, but using them while wet will.

Put the glove on and wash your hands with bar soap or just a tiny drop of dishwasher soap. Rinse well, remove and wring it out. Then pinch the wristband and blow into the inside of the glove to inflate the thumb and fingers. Let dry, good to go.

Or...........since I play the FJ WeatherSof glove @ $12.00, I just buy another one.

I don't wash my gloves. I'll keep them dry in between rounds, but once they get old, I'll throw them out and buy new ones.

I typically don't get to this point but I would think Mr. Clean magic eraser or dishwasher (eco or 1 h wash) would be possible solutions

Someone told me once that steaming makes them supple again. Never tried it though.

buy a new one? they get so gross and stinky.

I "renew" it by replacing it.

I use to do it --

• Throw them in with some towels in the washing machine.
  • Use Cold water and wash the contents like any other load.
  • I use Tide Clear and Free and it doesn't mess up the gloves, but leaves them pretty clean.
  • Remove after finished and stretch them out.
  • Let them air dry. After about 2 hours, put your hand in them to stretch them out.
  • Leave them out until they are dry.

The worst part is the finger tips. They get tangly and getting your hands in them after they are semi-dry are key to getting them all stretched out.

Just buy a new one.
But to directly answer you, after a hot day, leave it out to air dry near a fan or air vent in the house.
I don't find gloves to get overly stinky like hats or shoes.

I've tried warm water and a little dish soap with decent results. Gets crusty again much quicker than new, but not a bad option if they don't have holes in them. Once washed I keep them as a back up or range glove and open a new one.

I used to put mine in a zip-lock bag after reading about it here. Worked great but I simply forgot to keep doing it (I hate getting old). Like most have said, once a glove is worn out, or crinkly, etc, I trash it and use a new one. I buy gloves 6 at a time from MG Golf (for about $36 if I remember correctly). Generally lasts me about a year or so; this I really don't worry about cleaning them.

I have done washing machine, no softener, mild detergent on handwash cycle (throw it in with your delicates basically). Then do NOT dry it, reshape it when it comes out of the wash and lay it out to dry. It doesn't quite bring the glove back to new, but you can definitely get a good few more rounds out of it this way.

Never tried cleaning them, usually pretty much worn out at this point so I toss it and replace it with a new one.

Honestly if mine gets crusty or worn down, I just throw it away.
That's what I do too. I never even thought of refreshing an old sweaty glove.

I can honestly say that, other than wiping the glove with a towel, I have never tried to clean a golf glove.

I usually wear them out, either with holes or the velcro loses its "velcro" ability.

Besides, for $6 (on sale), you can always get another glove, there is very little sentimental value w a glove (as compared with a hat).

I buy a new one. No refreshing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I renew it....the gloves I use, which it's rare that I have one on most rounds, are cheap. So I just buy a few new ones every couple years.

I wash it with detergents and I leave it dry by itself at room temperatures .... and then, I hang the gloves at the golf bag's umbrella hanger or kitchen table for two days.

I throw the gloves away If they dont look nice anymore.

I've never tried refresh one. Usually, if it's wet to a degree, I'll leave it out of my bag and let it air dry on the counter in the laundry if it's really bad. Maybe hit it with some Frabreeze, too.

Its so fresh in here right now... We are like the Febreze Brothers...
I have brought a dead golf back with my Lazareth method.
Get the glove good & dry and hit it with steam & stick it in a ziplock.
I used a little household steam machine. That is all!!

Never heard of refreshing a glove. I usually just throw them away if the get "crusty" or dry.

by a drymistat tube. it keeps things at 70% humidity for cigar humidors. make sure you fill it properly with water so that the gel absorbs the humidity. put drymistat tube into a ziplock bag and place gloves in with them. it will dramatically increase the life of your glove.

My idea of refreshing is "remove the stink of my sweat". Washing lightly with very little soap and water. Drying is equally important, it should dry slowly and not in the sun, otherwise it becomes brittle.

Back