Budget Custom Putter

Cobb

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all, just looking for some input on custom putter companies. I am starting to look at getting a personalized custom putter, but would also like to not break the bank doing so. I'm not sure if there really is such a thing as a "budget custom putter", but figured I'd ask the experts here as to which brands I should look into. I would be looking for something similar to my scotty Newport 2.0, and a milled face. Anyone have any suggestions on this topic? As for customization, I'm not looking for anything real crazy. Just the ability to have a couple stamps for initials and paint fill of color. Thanks in advance.

Have you thought about doing it yourself?
Paint fill is pretty easy and stamping can be easy with some decent practice.

I can tell you that the most reasonable custom putter maker I am aware of (at least from what I've heard) is Lajosi, but it's still not going to be truly cheap - you're looking at at least $400-500.

JB's suggestion is a good one. Or even just buying the style of putter you want and contracting out for only the stamping and paint fill would still be much cheaper than commissioning a custom putter.

Have you thought about doing it yourself?
Paint fill is pretty easy and stamping can be easy with some decent practice.
I would agree if you already have the Newport just buy some stamps and practice on some old clubs. Then move over to the Scotty when you feel you are ready.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My stamp set wasnt cheap, but if i get good enough with it i save in the long run

#Carbon Putters of Colorado. Ordered mine yesterday and will be doing an unboxing post when it arrives. Working with #Golf With Faith to rep these on the Central California area I live in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
#Carbon Putters of Colorado. Ordered mine yesterday and will be doing an unboxing post when it arrives. Working with #Golf With Faith to rep these on the Central California area I live in.

Jack,

This company has some pretty good looking options, please post some pictures of your finished product. Do you know what kind of turn-around time they have?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know SeeMore will stamp putters - so, you could look into something like the CDM X4 ($195) or the DB4 ($395), and get stamping added to that. Paintfill isn't too tough, and there's a good thread on that here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?14780-Paint-Fill-Tools

If you're looking for an Anser style, why not go for the original - PING will also do etching and paintvill via the WRX department.

I know SeeMore will stamp putters - so, you could look into something like the CDM X4 ($195) or the DB4 ($395), and get stamping added to that. Paintfill isn't too tough, and there's a good thread on that here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?14780-Paint-Fill-Tools

If you're looking for an Anser style, why not go for the original - PING will also do etching and paintvill via the WRX department.

Thanks for the info. I have pondered the idea of sending my current scotty in to be overhauled but would like a putter with some deeper face milling, and why I've kind of shot that idea down. I have also looked into the DIY paintfilling, but haven't made the jump yet.

I think the Byron Morgans are some of the best looking/quality pieces out there. They aren't exactly cheap but I think for somewhere around 6-700 you can have the exact putter you want. Some great finishes to go along with cool stampings and beautiful head designs. When compared to Scotty's, they are a bargain for a personal design and to me, it's a better putter.

Jack,

This company has some pretty good looking options, please post some pictures of your finished product. Do you know what kind of turn-around time they have?
Haven't received product yet, but will post turn around time and unboxing when it arrives. 35" Ringo 1/4 sized with Super Stroke Legacy counter balanced grip, and Head Cover. Stay tuned!?

Haven't received product yet, but will post turn around time and unboxing when it arrives. 35" Ringo 1/4 sized with Super Stroke Legacy counter balanced grip, and Head Cover. Stay tuned!

Real anxious to see how it turns out, as I hadn't seen this company before and it's right up my alley. I'm also a gun enthusiast...so 2 hobbies paired into 1. Did you do any custom paint fills? If so, was it an added cost to the charge of stamping? Anyone else have any experience with Carbon?

Check out Low Tide Putters. Custom made putters based in Charlotte, NC. They have several models to choose from, 2 or 3 that look similar to Newport style. They come in multiple different metal and finish options and all custom stamping... Start at $350 I believe

Back