Worst day of golf = Best day anyways

SlightDraw

Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 11
Just wanted to share a story about my round today.

Walked my first 18 this afternoon. Got a great deal on supreme golf and decided to see how it would affect my game.

Well it definitely did as I was pretty tired by the back nine. There wasn't anyone ahead of us so we got in the front 9 in about an hour and a half.... so we were moving.

By the 13th hole I had already hit about 7 balls OB (and I didn't have many remaining in my bag). On the 13th I hit one that I thought was in play but when I went over I saw an older couple outside with a few young kids, cleaning balls and selling then by the dozen.

The guy says "hey, missing a Callaway?" I laugh as I guess it went flying into his yard. Anyways he throws it back to me and one of the kid asks if I want to buy a dozen for $5 but I only had $1 in cash. I asked how much for a buck and he said here how about 3 more. Sweet, so I proceed on and finish my round with just 1 ball in my bag. All in all I lost probably 10 balls today for an absolute terrible day out.

I wanted to thank the family so after my round I drove over to their house and walked on the course up to their backyard with a $20 bill looking to buy some more. We both laughed when I came around asking for more. I asked how much I could get. All in all he gave me a dozen solid ProV1's, a dozen Callaway and threw in a dozen Nike balls. All great quality and cleaned by the kids themselves. I guess the kids are saving up for "spy" glasses. Pretty sweet and easy business they got going.

So we shake hands and I leave to walk around to my car and the guy comes out and gives me a water and a beer.

Turned a terrible day of golf into an absolutely awesome day of golf.

8f837e8b4065125e01ba64cb0886e672.jpg

Great story! Thanks for sharing it. And here's hoping you get 20 solid rounds from those couple dozen.

Great story! Thanks for sharing it. And here's hoping you get 20 solid rounds from those couple dozen.

20 rounds is a little high for me right now. I have only gotten in 2 rounds in the last 3 months. Hopefully more soon. I'll shoot for 10 rounds with these.

Great story thanks for sharing, enjoy those balls.

A terrible round...but your story wasn't about that, it was about meeting new people and generosity. You sir, get it. Cool story! Good on you for going back and helping the kids get a little closer to those glasses. :good:

The worst day of golf is a lot better than many other days without golf.

great story man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool story. Good on you.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back