• Don't really have a comfort zone.

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters

BamBooBender

See-Moe
Reaction score
Handicap
My brain
Do you have a comfort zone score wise? I’m pretty sure I do, and it’s low to mid 80’s.
If I’m below par for the first few holes, I always find a way to get back my normal 40 ish before the turn. Or, conversely, if I’m playing terribly and looking at posting up a big number then I will often (sadly not always as in the first example) start to play better for enough holes to get back to my norm.

Last edited:
80's....prefer lower to mid 80's. Anything in 90's is garbage, anything in 70's is a bonus.

80's....prefer lower to mid 80's. Anything in 90's is garbage, anything in 70's is a bonus.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

80-82. Seems that's my average no matter what tees I play.

I'm capable of producing a wide variety of numbers (70's -90's) so I don't think I have so called comfort zone!

I don't really have a "Comfort Zone" I have days where I am happy with my playing days I am not. Some times those days are the same score but I feel I am playing better and should be scoring better. Nothing is really a comfort zone or not for me.

I'm capable of producing a wide variety of numbers (70's -90's) so I don't think I have so called comfort zone!
Same here most tend to be mid to low 80's but thous 70 and 90 are out there depending on the day/putter

Low to mid 80's. I am pretty confident I can shoot those scores on a regular basis.

What he said. My goal is to get to where 75-79 is my comfort zone.

pretty much this, but i'm trying to change. i want to be comfortable with high 70s, ok but a little disappointed with low 80s, sh1t the bed with high 80s, super pumped with low or mid 70s.

High 70s to low 80s & I'm ok.

Yup, this sounds pretty much where I am. I was sure hoping to make a transition to the 70s, but my current game is showing me it's not yet ready to be at that level.

I have no issues with going low. It doesn't happen very often but if I shoot under par for the first 9 I don't freak out. This also goes to what I think is a good way to work on going low. Play the red tees every once in a while until you can normally be under par. Then when it happens from your normal tees it won't freak you out. If I was coaching a new golfer who shows some potential this is something I would have them do. Now if I go out and shoot 29 on the front I would proabably freak out and shoot 40 on the back. I guess that means my comfort zone is 65

I would say it is in the low to mid 80s at this point.

Played the best consistent golf of my life in 2015.... Didn't think I would see a 90's score again... ever... I was wrong.. I posted a 107 on a course that I had shot 30 strokes better on a few years before when my game was streaky... 30 strokes... Was it a nice day.. No.. Were the greens good.. No... Did the ball roll... No... Did it play 30 shots harder.. No... Golf is hard... Golf is a cruel mistress... Comfort has not been a word I could use in 2016... Sad fact.. I have worked harder & smarter (if you can imagine) on my game than ever.. What did I get for the effort.. A sh*t game of golf.. Have I seen improvements in ball flight.. Sometimes. Am I far off from catching fire? Hope not... Do I want to stop golfing? No... I will play until I am dead.. Win, Lose or Draw... If I shoot 71,81,91,101... Who cares but me.. No one.. Hit the ball, hit it again... go home and come back to do it next time.. What is my point? I have no idea.

80's for me. Always seem to get complacent when I have a good round going and fall back into that target range.

I would say my comfort zone is 85-90. Anything under that is awesome and anything over that is a lack luster day.

Where was that average in our callouts? Sandbagger
80-82. Seems that's my average no matter what tees I play.

High 70's low 80's. Depends on the putter for me. I'll go through a couple week stretch and shoot mid 70's when the putts fall. I'll have mid 80 rounds once in a while where nothing goes right. I've never thought of scoring as a comfort zone though, maybe more of an expectation.

If I'm in the 70's, then I'm playing where I am comfortable, BUT that's with a lot of practice again which I don't get as much as, as I'd like to. If I'm in the low 80's I'm at least satisfied with my round, though I tend to look back and say...on this hole or that hole it should have been better.

I used to say I wanted to be mid 80s, lately I'm just hoping to break 90, so right now it's a mix between the 2!

Upper 80's is where I feel I've played well and can still see where I left some out there due to stupidity

Going low won't get me out of my comfort zone, it's when I shoot a high number on the front 9 that starts to make me feel out of my zone and that I need to push to gain it back. When I broke 80 for the first time and when I shot my PB I felt cool and controlled the entire time. I feel I can go low every time. But...I'm never someone who is going to put up a ton of birdies with my current ability, so I rely on being very consistent and shooting a bunch of pars to score low. If I get out of rhythm and put a big number up on the front 9, I have a harder time gathering myself at the turn.

So I said 80's as my comfort zone, but it's more probably mid 70's to mid 80's.

No comfort zone. I try to,take it one shot at a time. My goal is to get out if my own way. When I did that last year I was in high 70s - low 80s. When I don't it could be a mid-upper 80s or higher day

First, I'm shocked that no one is only comfortable in the 60s. Maybe I should have checked that box since my home course is a 9 hole par 31 course (in which case, yes, 60s would have been my choice)

80s are great, low to mid-90s are fine too. Some courses are just harder than others. I played a course with what I thought were really hard greens last year (thanks to fellow THPer sleuth). I shot mid-90s as I recall, and I felt great about it. I really thought I hit the ball pretty well most of the day for me, but the greens were just something I had never experienced before.

~Rock

Back