Votes: 44 55.0%
  • 90's

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • 100+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't really have a comfort zone.

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
80's....prefer lower to mid 80's. Anything in 90's is garbage, anything in 70's is a bonus.

+1. A 90's round gets me upset now more than before bc I know my ability

I don't have a "comfort zone" per se. I shoot about the same most of the time, but it's not due to lack of effort. I want to shoot as low as I am able every time I play. Now, might I be subconciously causing myself to play poorly because I am afraid of getting out of my "comfort zone" of scoring? Maybe? I couldn't tell you. However, I would hope to whatever golf gods exist that I'm not. I don't want to stink at this game, I really don't.

First, I'm shocked that no one is only comfortable in the 60s. Maybe I should have checked that box since my home course is a 9 hole par 31 course (in which case, yes, 60s would have been my choice)

80s are great, low to mid-90s are fine too. Some courses are just harder than others. I played a course with what I thought were really hard greens last year (thanks to fellow THPer sleuth). I shot mid-90s as I recall, and I felt great about it. I really thought I hit the ball pretty well most of the day for me, but the greens were just something I had never experienced before.

~Rock

haha, me too. I just threw that and the hundred plus in there just to cover all the bases.

I don't have a "comfort zone" per se. I shoot about the same most of the time, but it's not due to lack of effort. I want to shoot as low as I am able every time I play. Now, might I be subconciously causing myself to play poorly because I am afraid of getting out of my "comfort zone" of scoring? Maybe? I couldn't tell you. However, I would hope to whatever golf gods exist that I'm not. I don't want to stink at this game, I really don't.

That is exactly what I mean by comfort zone. Doing that, or playing better all of a sudden when you get above your normal range.

If by comfort zone you mean what score will I accept without being frustrated, then it's anything in the 70s. I'd love to push that to near par

80-86 and I'm happy at most courses, anything above that and it's either a hard course of I'm not happy with my swing.

If by comfort zone you mean what score will I accept without being frustrated, then it's anything in the 70s. I'd love to push that to near par

By comfort zone I mean a score range that you always seem to get back to whether you are going under it or above. For example playing under par for the first few holes and then somehow manage to still shoot a 43 for 9, or if you make the turn at 45, and then somehow shoot a 38 to get back to 83.

By comfort zone I mean a score range that you always seem to get back to whether you are going under it or above. For example playing under par for the first few holes and then somehow manage to still shoot a 43 for 9, or if you make the turn at 45, and then somehow shoot a 38 to get back to 83.
Well then I have no clue haha my scores have no rhyme or reason

I would say around mid 80s. No matter what unless the weather sucks, I usually find myself there

Well then I have no clue haha my scores have no rhyme or reason

That's a good thing. I do seem to have a comfort zone and it has held me back from shooting any really low scores.

I have been pretty consistent lately in the low to mid 80's. Never been in the 70's which would be awesome, I have posted a few low 90's this year though. For me being in the comfort zone is being consistent round to round avoiding the big blowup holes.

High 70s to low 80s. Anything around par is awesome and high 80s to 90s I hate myself

85-89, seems to be where I score way more often than not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I approach every round the same to shot par or better. Going low doesn't faze me at all. If anything I am to comfortable and play to aggressive. Slowing down good rounds by taking unnecessary risks.

I'm content with 74-78 anything higher I feel is a waste.

I'm struggling to vote in the poll because I don't feel like 70's or 80's is the right answer. I typically am comfortable shooting 77-83; anything lower is awesome, anything higher has me questioning what went wrong.

I took comfort zone as meaning how low you can go before you start freaking out and getting nervous about going low. So that should probably be lower than the score you except without being frustrated.

Back