Titleist 915 weight changes

denverd1

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone changed the weight in their driver? Titleist has everything from 2g to 13g. Not looking for length or more weight, I'm looking for some consistency. Drives are normally a strong point in my game. Lately, spraying the ball. Probably due to all the charity scrambles I've been playing in the last month or so... "We got one safe, now kill it."

My miss is a wide right slice. I can fix my swing and will focus on that, just curious if anyone found a weight that was obvious improvement.

I bought the 915 weight kit last year just to experiment with it and see if anything would improve at all. The difference across the weights is definitely meaningful enough to notice. I spent several weeks hitting all the different weights - lo and behold, the standard (red) weight was still the one that gave me the best results. I sold the weight kit last year. However, as everyone's swing is different/etc, I'm not saying don't give it a shot. I'm just saying that when I tried, I still ended up with the standard after all was said and done.

The weight kit is expensive, but rare enough that you can also resell it for a decent price and recover much of what you bought it for if you sell it later, especially if you get one for a good price.

You could always experiment with lead tape if you have access to a swing weight scale. Then when you find the swing weight you prefer you can buy the corresponding individual Titleist weight for a lot less.

You could always experiment with lead tape if you have access to a swing weight scale. Then when you find the swing weight you prefer you can buy the corresponding individual Titleist weight for a lot less.

I have a 913 D2 driver that I use a couple of lead strips on. Works for me.

Definitely a cheaper way to go!

mine has the black weight installed. just looked and its 14 grams!! I was thinking of going heavier... maybe I'll take it out and try some tape to see how it feels.

4 (white), 7 (green), 9 (red), 11 (blue), and 14 (black). So i'm 5 grams over stock now.

Back