your favorite GI forged iron set?

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
my dad is looking at buying a new set of irons and really wants a forged set. that being said, his handicap is roughly 13, so it's not like he's playing blades.

talking forged only, what set would you suggest he check out?

thanks!

Callaway Apex CF16 or Srixon Z545

my dad is looking at buying a new set of irons and really wants a forged set. that being said, his handicap is roughly 13, so it's not like he's playing blades.

thanks!
Ben Hogan PTx.

They have a 2 club 1 month demo for $20 program. He really should try them these irons before buying anything. Check out the review thread for a bunch of information about them: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?78837-Ben-Hogan-PTx-Irons-Review-Thread

Mizuno JPX-EZ or JPX-850? I've never hit either, but I hear nothing except great things about them.

Original Apex (on the cheaper) of Apex CF16.

Mizuno JPX-EZ or JPX-850? I've never hit either, but I hear nothing except great things about them.

he hasn't hit them yet but he's leaning pretty hard towards the EZ's. found a killer deal for a set of new heads.

Srixon 545 are probably going to be my pick here. Or the CF16.

thanks!

Maltby TE forged

Apex, Apex CF16, or Hogan PTx.

BUT, there are a ton of sets that fit those requirements and perform solidly.

Titliest vg3 simply the most amazing irons I have hit. I picked up some 2011 models in great condition for a steal, and haven't even thought about hitting another iron for 12 months, which is amazing for me.

Hit the PXG 0311's at a fitting last month. They're legit. Unfortunately they weren't even considered due to price but had to try them out when I had the opportunity. If price isn't an issue, he should try them. Otherwise, I'd go with the Callaway CF 16's.

Apex CF-16 or Z545...

Bridgestone J15 DPF's

Callaway Apex, Mizuno JPX Forged top list of best forged game improvement irons.

I'll put my 2 cents worth in....PTx hands down. I did the demo set of irons and wedges and am amazed how good they feel. I am buying the wedges still on the fence with the irons. There's a lot of technology built into these forged heads.

Apex. Nothing comes even close, and for the OG you can't get a better value.

Wilson Staff F5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon 545s and its not even close

Cf16 or z545. I have both and they are great.

Callaway apex or apex cf16. Is there any other answer? I don't have the game for either set, but they are still the only two sets in my opinion.

he hasn't hit them yet but he's leaning pretty hard towards the EZ's. found a killer deal for a set of new heads.

I love my JPX-850's. On the EZ's, there are two versions out there now. The older version is orange/black and the newer ones not (more black/metal). There are some reports of the older version having some issues but that may be more shaft than head related. Worth a little research.

I love my JPX-850's. On the EZ's, there are two versions out there now. The older version is orange/black and the newer ones not (more black/metal). There are some reports of the older version having some issues but that may be more shaft than head related. Worth a little research.
Having tested the original EZ Forged with 4 different shafts, its a head thing.

Back