The Car Shopping Thread

Out and did some test driving for Nerfny today. Drove quite a few things. KIA Soul+, Chevy Cruz, Subaru Forester, Toyota Rav4. Think she is leaning towards the Soul. Price just works. Rav 4 is running second right now. Problem is have to go down in years(08), up in mileage(63K), and up in price.

Out and did some test driving for Nerfny today. Drove quite a few things. KIA Soul+, Chevy Cruz, Subaru Forester, Toyota Rav4. Think she is leaning towards the Soul. Price just works. Rav 4 is running second right now. Problem is have to go down in years(08), up in mileage(63K), and up in price.

That's like all over the map bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's like all over the map bro.

Yeah tell me about it. Started car, wanted bigger, back to car then something to get the dog out of the back seat. Back to something bigger and then smaller. Been fun.

Off to look at 'stang tomorrow. I'm like a kid at Christmas!

In the market. Blah.

Looking at:

Rav4
CRV
Santa Fe

Camry
Accord
Elantra

Not sure if I want to go SUV again or not. The gas burn sucks, but then again it's nice to have one larger vehicle. Looking at certified pre-owned, though there are some decent financing deals out there. I hate car shopping, so hopefully this goes quickly.

In the market. Blah.

Looking at:

Rav4
CRV
Santa Fe

Camry
Accord
Elantra

Not sure if I want to go SUV again or not. The gas burn sucks, but then again it's nice to have one larger vehicle. Looking at certified pre-owned, though there are some decent financing deals out there. I hate car shopping, so hopefully this goes quickly.

Just make sure you run it here before buying anything used .

Just make sure you run it here before buying anything used .

Will do. I figure certified has to buy me some peace of mind at least, though I don't know that as fact I suppose. Budget wise I'm going to have a hard time going new b/c I'm basically just breaking even on my trade in.

We are looking at sedans to replace the totaled rav4. Initially looking at mazda6, and vw jetta or passat. I will be doing most of the shopping while my wife is in Chicago, so that is going to be so so fun....

I had a rental Jetta and it was not my favorite.

Newer? Passat is quite a bit bigger I think.

We just got a Mazda cx5, and I've driven 6s and 3s before and have enjoyed them. Just need something that can handle some snow, but we don't need another suv

I'd rather go with a lower end passat for the same price, they feel much better

I'd rather go with a lower end passat for the same price, they feel much better
We will see what the used market has. I just can't persuade myself to buy new right now.

I think it was newer, but not sure on the year. It was just laid out oddly. Nothing seemed convenient I guess if that makes sense. Mirror right in the middle of the windshield and I felt like I was really close to the ceiling.

Looks like it may end up being 14.5 Camry LE. 0% and less than 20k thanks to incentives. Hoping I don't miss the extra space too much.

Nice Hawk. I think you will like it.

Makes sense. Vanity says I want a loaded Honda something, but Erica smacked the vanity right out of me. I'm a company man. Blandmobile it is lol.

Makes sense. Vanity says I want a loaded Honda something, but Erica smacked the vanity right out of me. I'm a company man. Blandmobile it is lol.

We did the same thing sort of. Went away from Audi and a few others and got a Kia. Fully Loaded for the same price. Simply love it.

Looks like it may end up being 14.5 Camry LE. 0% and less than 20k thanks to incentives. Hoping I don't miss the extra space too much.
Ooh that's not a bad deal. I will have to look into that for us too.

I see a lot of talk about the Toyotas and Hondas of the world...so I wanted to mention another great car that's very nice, American made and has got a lot of good going for it.

If any of you are in the market for a 2014 Ford Fusion, they have decent incentives right now.

$4500 off....or.....you can get $2500 & 0% for up to 60 months.

For example:

We have one in stock that's an SE with the 1.5L I4.
It's got:
leather
heated seats
heated mirrors
SYNC/My Ford Touch with Navigation and rear view back up camera

Has an MSRP of $29895
I could discount it down to $28188.59

With all of the rebates it would get down to $23688.59 (plus taxes)

OR

If you went with the rebates and 0% option down to $25688.59 (plus taxes)

Not bad for a pretty loaded sedan with leather, heated seats and navigation that gets 36 mpg on the highway.

We did the same thing sort of. Went away from Audi and a few others and got a Kia. Fully Loaded for the same price. Simply love it.
Optima?

Yes sir. Got the EX fully decked out with every feature they offer. Came out with a heck of a deal compared to just about every other car we looked at.

Yeah he did

Yes sir. Got the EX fully decked out with every feature they offer. Came out with a heck of a deal compared to just about every other car we looked at.
Nice, congrats. We almost pulled the trigger on one but need AWD so went with the Sportage. Quite impressed with how far Kia has come.

Great choice.

I see a lot of talk about the Toyotas and Hondas of the world...so I wanted to mention another great car that's very nice, American made and has got a lot of good going for it.

If any of you are in the market for a 2014 Ford Fusion, they have decent incentives right now.
For example:
We have one in stock that's an SE with the 1.5L I4.
It's got:
leather
heated seats
heated mirrors
SYNC/My Ford Touch with Navigation and rear view back up camera
With all of the rebates it would get down to $23688.59 (plus taxes)

Not bad for a pretty loaded sedan with leather, heated seats and navigation that gets 36 mpg on the highway.

We are looking at a Fusion for my teenage son. He's driving our old Buick Enclave that has 130,000 miles and the repair costs are pushing me towards buying a new Fusion or Mazda 3.

Back