The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you mean "made the call", I assume this means inquired about a trade but couldn't figure out a deal, and then the Browns ended up releasing him?
Precisely. Apparently they were looking for a decent pick.

He showed no remorse? Admitting he messed up and seeking treatment under his own will is showing no remorse?

to me part of the problem was right after it and he had comments basically saying don't judge how I discipline my children. I don't think he has been very remorseful to be honest. And I'm a guy who has him on my FF team so I'd love for him to be back ASAP.

to me part of the problem was right after it and he had comments basically saying don't judge how I discipline my children. I don't think he has been very remorseful to be honest. And I'm a guy who has him on my FF team so I'd love for him to be back ASAP.
Having been in the situation of being beat most of my young life, and living in a family with that mentality. I know what it means for a person to admit they made a mistake, and then actively of their own free will seek help for the problem.

When you go through your whole life thinking something is okay, because that's how you've lived tour whole life, it is not easy to admit you where wrong certainly not easy to seek help because it was wrong.

Heck there is still a large majority of people who think Peterson did nothing wrong, even after they've seen the pictures.

Hey and the Browns released Ben Tate this morning. Should have traded him 441.

He showed no remorse? Admitting he messed up and seeking treatment under his own will is showing no remorse?

Not my words:

Late to the convo...

Ugh... more Browns becoming Colts.

Colts are reportedly signing Josh Cribbs. I guess it cannot be ANY worse than Griff Whalen returning punts and kicks.

No, just the words of people who were not involved in the situation and need to sell stories to people, I'm sure there is no bias there at all.

I'm bowing out here, Peterson despite all he's done has made an effort to change, regardless of that even the NFL is screwing him. He still has rights and if the NFL and him agreed upon something then they need to follow through.

The organizing bodies of football at all levels are ridiculous in their treatment of players and how they handle suspensions and cases.

since Goodell has taken over there has never been more controversy in the NFL, part of it is because of social media, but part of it is because Goodell is trying to be judge, jury, and executioner. Which is never a good idea.

No, just the words of people who were not involved in the situation and need to sell stories to people, I'm sure there is no bias there at all.

I'm bowing out here, Peterson despite all he's done has made an effort to change, regardless of that even the NFL is screwing him. He still has rights and if the NFL and him agreed upon something then they need to follow through.

The organizing bodies of football at all levels are ridiculous in their treatment of players and how they handle suspensions and cases.

since Goodell has taken over there has never been more controversy in the NFL, part of it is because of social media, but part of it is because Goodell is trying to be judge, jury, and executioner. Which is never a good idea.

Are you serious? They quoted the Commissioner. Thats a direct quote.

Goodell in his letter to Peterson outlined a series of mitigating circumstances surrounding Peterson's punishment, including the presence of a child, the use of a switch and his lack of "meaningful remorse."

"First, the injury was inflicted on a child who was only four years old. The difference in size and strength between you and the child is significant, and your actions clearly caused physical injury to the child," Goodell wrote. "While an adult may have a number of options when confronted with abuse - to flee, to fight back, or to seek help from law enforcement - none of those options is realistically available to a four-year old child. Further, the injury inflicted on your son includes the emotional and psychological trauma to a young child who suffers criminal physical abuse at the hands of his father.
"Second, the repetitive use of a switch in this instance is the functional equivalent of a weapon, particularly in the hands of someone with the strength of an accomplished professional athlete.
"Third, you have shown no meaningful remorse for your conduct. When indicted, you acknowledged what you did but said that you would not 'eliminate whooping my kids' and defended your conduct in numerous published text messages to the child's mother. You also said that you felt 'very confident with my actions because I know my intent.' These comments raise the serious concern that you do not fully appreciate the seriousness of your conduct, or even worse, that you may feel free to engage in similar conduct in the future."

Blount released.

Who gets picked up 1st, trouble maker Blount or overrated Tate?

Im guessing Tate since he at least sticks around for the completion of games

The cheating with the battery powered gloves .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh you mean that story from the satirical website?

Oh you mean that story from the satirical website?

I don't really even pay attention to the nfl is it fake?

Edit: I just heard people at work talking about it I've never even seen an article .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still perfectly fine to lol the Packers...

It's still perfectly fine to lol the Packers...
I do not disagree. I have no problem with the article. It was satire. It was just really poorly written satire.

Good guess. Tate claimed by Minnesota

I hope I can find an alternative to starting Asiata this weekend then.

I hope I can find an alternative to starting Asiata this weekend then.

I doubt he takes too much away from the current backs this week. He won't even practice with them for the first time until tomorrow at the earliest

Asiata hasn't practiced due to a concussion and McKinnon hasn't practiced due to a bad back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back