Home Course Represent

phenom4hire

Reaction score
Handicap
18-19
I thought this might be a fun topic to start. We could post an aerial view of our home/favorite course and discuss with each other. It would be kinda of like putting a face to a name for some of us to see where each other plays. I know I envy some of the New England guys. Those courses up there look so green and open to me. Anyway Ill start.

Course is Pine Forest Country Club in Jesup, GA. The only course within about 30 min of me, so the one I play most often and consider my home course. I probably play 40-50 rounds a year here with a sprinkling of rounds at different courses around the area and a few way out of my area on vacation or a THP event.

Course is fairly short at around 6600-6700 hundred yards from the back tees and about 6200 from the whites. Plenty of scoring opportunities on the front 9 with a little trouble on the last few, and the back 9 is the more testy of the two with a few oddly routed holes and more water into play. If you tend to get to left or right this course will dish out the penalties for out of bounds as the fairways are fairly tight with the exceptions of a few par 5s and par 4s. We have one really short par 3 at 100-115 yards, one regular at around 150, and two par 3s that are 185-190.

There is a mens group that plays everday at 1230 and on Saturdays and Sundays there is a money game in said group (mostly older guys).

My Best score is an 89 twice, once not to long ago with a 50 on the easier front and a 39 on the back. Looking forward to seeing and reading about everyone's courses.

pine%20forest%20country%20club%20aerial_zpshtj3nzqn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Darlington Country Club, Darlington SC. From the blues it plays 6342, course rating 70.4, slope 122. Membership drive right now is priced to generate interest at $100 for a family with access to tennis courts and pool. Our best hire was a greenskeeper who has the greens in shape as some of the best in the Pee Dee Region. They're tiny though, placing a premium on either accuracy or a great ability to get up and down. Ladies group on Tuesdays, Sundowners on Thursdays. My best score here is an 87, though I played it forward that round.

DCC.jpg

With lines drawn showing holes (number is at tee box): DCC copy.jpg

Last edited:
Bayonet and Black Horse in Seaside, CA. Bayonet is the north course, and Black Horse is the south course. Bayonet is rated 74.8/139 from the tips, and Black Horse is 73.7/136. Course records are 62 and 63 for Bayonet and Black Horse respectively. The two courses play differently, with Bayonet being a bit more narrow with slightly slower greens and Black Horse is more wide open with faster greens. My best rounds to date are a 93 on Black Horse and a 95 on Bayonet. I'm confident I'll break 90 on both courses soon. Both are very fun to play and are challenging every time! Since the courses reside on the old Fort Ord, military members play for an absurd rate. It costs me $18.90 to walk or $78.50 a month for unlimited golf. It's nice living 1.9 miles away from these fantastic courses!

aLUeWW6.png

Last edited:
Gateway National Golf Links.

I normally play it at 7092 Yards (74.2 / 127) and the rates vary from $19.99 on Weekdays in the afternoon to $85 on the weekends. The course is always in great shape and the food/service is fantastic. I'm very lucky to have such a great course near my office.
Screenshot%202016-05-27%2010.28.47_zpsprfxrmph.png

This is a fun thread.

I live steps from my golf course, Legacy Ridge in Westminster, CO. It is around $55 for 18 with cart, but I buy a bunch of passes they sell during the local golf show which are $35. I would walk, but my friend likes to ride. We play from the Blues which is rated 68.6/118 and 6001 yards. The course is very much a placement course, especially on the front. You can easily par a lot of holes, or walk away with doubles. The far right are two fairly difficult holes (especially the par 5) what we call "Oh F*ck Corner) in tradition of Amen Corner.

Legacy%20Ridge_zps9tnpmtvm.jpg

My "home" course also home of Wilson Staff the past 3 years I believe. The Highlands of Elgin. Build round an old quarry and Keith Foster made great use of it. Tee two green I can not think of a course with more variety of shot options off the tee, its a ton of fun.

Attachments

• HOE.jpg
    HOE.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 0
My "home" course also home of Wilson Staff the past 3 years I believe. The Highlands of Elgin. Build round an old quarry and Keith Foster made great use of it. Tee two green I can not think of a course with more variety of shot options off the tee, its a ton of fun.
Fun course. Kicked my arse, but enjoyed it!

My Home Course: Summerland Golf & Country Club

I've taken the liberty of adding some numbers at tee boxes and drawing the lines so you can see where I gotta go
On the entire right side of the course is a canyon, 400'+ down and it's got golf balls galore down there

Home Course Represent

While I haven't been playing it much recently Blue Ridge Shadows is what I consider to be my home/go-to course:

9cfd3def666c332e72b7a230815c9b9e.jpg

Holes 1-4,9 are in the lower left quadrant (as defined roughly by the streets), 5-8 in the upper left, and the back nine in the lower right. It has a nice mix of holes with plenty of elevation changes, risk/reward, and scoring opportunities. It tips out at 7315; 74.7/144, but I'm not a big hitter like some of the other guys here (I'm looking at you, wubomber :alien: ) I'll typically play some combo of blue (6787; 72.3/138) and white (6204; 69.8/131).

Edit to throw in a few pics. Number 1:
Blue%20Ridge%20Shadows-01E-01.jpg

Number 2 from the tee box:
brs02e.jpg

Number 10 from behind the green:
1806568005_59ce3a849f_z.jpg

Aerial view. One, two, and nine are at the top of the frame. From the clubhouse in the center going clockwise: #15 tee boxes, practice greens and range tees, #10 tee boxes, #14 green, #15 fairway, #18 fairway and green. It's about 60 feet of drop from the 15 tees to the fairway:
gc02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Royal New Kent. Home of the DMV vs. Carolinas #THPRegionalRivalry, Sponsored by #TrueTemper. I have adopted this course as my home track this year because I have played more rounds here than anywhere else. There are 2 courses on the site. The portion in the upper right is their sister course.

One of my home courses is the Joanne Goulet Municipal Golf Course in Regina, Saskatchewan. It's a par-64 "executive course" with some surprisingly long par 3's on the back 9 which don't quite jive with the "executive course" label. Rated 67.9 / 120 from the tips.

I take lessons from the one of the pros here, and play my men's league nights here. 18 is my nemesis hole, its a par-4, but I don't think I've ever scored better than 7 here. The approach shot over water just plays with my mind, as do the tee boxes pointed away from the fairway.

Goulet.png
[/URL][/IMG]

One of my home courses is the Joanne Goulet Municipal Golf Course in Regina, Saskatchewan. It's a par-64 "executive course" with some surprisingly long par 3's on the back 9 which don't quite jive with the "executive course" label. Rated 67.9 / 120 from the tips.

I take lessons from the one of the pros here, and play my men's league nights here. 18 is my nemesis hole, its a par-4, but I don't think I've ever scored better than 7 here. The approach shot over water just plays with my mind, as do the tee boxes pointed away from the fairway.

Goulet.png
[/URL][/IMG]

don't know why I never played there when I lived in Moose Jaw

My other home course (where I play 2/3 of my rounds) is Green Acres Golf Club, a short distance from Regina. It's a 9 hole course, rated 67.8 / 117.

It plays a lot shorter than the 6070 yards on the scorecard, but has very small and highly sloped greens that many in the Regina area dislike intensely, to the point they refuse to play golf here. I think they are missing out on a bit of a unique challenge, although I do share their frustration at times. There are only 2 sand bunkers on the whole course, plus 2 grass bunkers.

It is very typical of golf courses in Saskatchewan - 9 holes, short-ish, decently maintained and "quirky" in both good and bad ways.

GreenAcres.png
[/URL][/IMG]

don't know why I never played there when I lived in Moose Jaw

I've been working in Moose Jaw more or less daily for the past 3 years. I've been meaning to check out the full-size golf courses there (Lynbrook or Hillcrest) after work someday but never do for some reason.

Here is my home course; Montaup CC in Portsmouth, RI. It's open year round, which gets a bit cold when it's 20* out right on the water. There is usually a decent amount of wind to take notice of, and is considered to have the toughest 3 starting holes in RI. It hosted the 2012 U.S. Open qualifying and the 2014 RI Amateur tournaments.

It's a semi-private club that welcomes outside play after 11am on the weekends and has a healthy membership and waiting list. Always in great shape; during the summer it's $47 to walk($37 for military), $67 to ride. Weekends after 4 you can walk for $37.

It plays 6,375yds (70.9/125) from the Blue tees and 5,809 (68.1/122) from the whites, but is still a challenging course with few "flat" lies to be found. Front 9 has 2 lengthy par 5's and a 200yd par 3. It opens with a narrow par 414yd par 4 with water in front and to the right of the green, and OB all down the left side and only 2 paces from the green.

The back 9 is a bit more forgiving (at least I think so) outside of the turtle shell green on #10 par 3. It has a shorter par 5, and a longer par 5 with water guarding the front of a large green that ALWAYS seems to be dead into the wind. 17 you have to hit over or around a small cemetery from the Blue tees.

My PB here is an 83, hope to break that this summer!!

b1fddbf1ccfc1684cf312858050ff671.jpg

This picture is missing the par 4 2nd hole, par 3 3rd and par 4 4th but is higher quality than the satellite image.
7eb652a9e5dd7e763a2565a3bbb714ad.jpg

Here is my home course; Montaup CC in Portsmouth, RI. It's open year round, which gets a bit cold when it's 20* out right on the water. There is usually a decent amount of wind to take notice of, and is considered to have the toughest 3 starting holes in RI. It hosted the 2012 U.S. Open qualifying and the 2014 RI Amateur tournaments.

It's a semi-private club that welcomes outside play after 11am on the weekends and has a healthy membership and waiting list. Always in great shape; during the summer it's $47 to walk($37 for military), $67 to ride. Weekends after 4 you can walk for $37.

It plays 6,375yds (70.9/125) from the Blue tees and 5,809 (68.1/122) from the whites, but is still a challenging course with few "flat" lies to be found. Front 9 has 2 lengthy par 5's and a 200yd par 3. It opens with a narrow par 414yd par 4 with water in front and to the right of the green, and OB all down the left side and only 2 paces from the green.

The back 9 is a bit more forgiving (at least I think so) outside of the turtle shell green on #10 par 3. It has a shorter par 5, and a longer par 5 with water guarding the front of a large green that ALWAYS seems to be dead into the wind. 17 you have to hit over or around a small cemetery from the Blue tees.

My PB here is an 83, hope to break that this summer!!

b1fddbf1ccfc1684cf312858050ff671.jpg

This picture is missing the par 4 2nd hole, par 3 3rd and par 4 4th but is higher quality than the satellite image.
7eb652a9e5dd7e763a2565a3bbb714ad.jpg

Nice looking track Ray. I'd like to get a round in with you and Artm at some point down there.

Home Course Represent

Nice looking track Ray. I'd like to get a round in with you and Artm at some point down there.

Thank you. Absolutely!! Russtopher is close by as well, let's set a date and make it happen.

Thank you. Absolutely!! Russtopher is close by as well, let's set a date and make it happen.
Sounds like a plan. Let's get through RR and NE get together and then I'll come visit for the day.

This is my home course and also place of employment. Compass Pointe Golf Courses

36 holes composed of four nines called appropriately enough North/East/West/South

The North/East makes up the premier 18 that most people enjoy playing. The North nine pictured across the street (on the upper/left part of the screen is pretty open and looks like a links style but doesn't really play like a links. The other 27 holes are all pretty tree lined, there are a lot of houses in the area but they don't come into play at all on the course, other than crossing a street occasionally to get from one hole to another.

Rates are $46 on Weekdays and $65 on Weekends including cart (it's not walkable)

The North/East plays 7134 and 135 slope from the Championship Tees, 6709 and 131 from Blue and 6217 129 from the whites

The South/West plays 6979 yards and 130 slope from the Black, 6590 and 128 from Blue, and 6095 and 121 from the White

Although most players will tell you the South/West course is harder than the North/East because of a lot of forced carries, sometimes as many as two on each hole, off the tee and the approach.

it has hosted several casual rounds with local THP'ers this year!!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...7b2256f5cac0eb!8m2!3d39.1387123!4d-76.4947997

Royal St. Patricks Golf Links in Wrightstown, WI

Aerial view from Google Earth.

Map from the back of the scorecard

Big Met which is run by the Cleveland Metroparks system of courses. It really isn't all that interesting but it is a 2 minute drive and the conditions are normally decent. 5 hour rounds are the norm on the weekend but I rarely golf on the weekend. Normally use golf now so it usually costs $15-20 with a cart. Easy to walk as well if you want a quick 9.

Very short and easy course though. 6481 69.8/114

Old school course built in the 20s that is fairly flat on a good number of holes. The fairways and greens are both small, with the front greens being pretty flat. The back 9 has greens with a good amount of back to front slope so long sucks. They usually roll 8.5-9.5 stimp if I were to guess.

It is a par 72 with plenty of scoring holes. It has 4 par 5's on the course. 2 of them are very easy and short so those you should birdie every time you hit a decent drive. There are also 2 driveable par 4's, on of which is very easy birdie the other is a slightly harder birdie. The course also has 2-3 holes where you can get 50 yards or so out. The course has 2 challenging par 4's but the rest are manageable. The par 3's aren't too hard ranging from 160-210. It is mostly what you see is what you get course and good for working on parts of your game but no real challenge to test yourself on. I am sure most of the Cleveland area THP'ers have played it but not sure if anyone else plays it as much as I do. It is also one of the courses that has a 2 day feeder tournament to the City finals tournament at a much more challenging old school course so hopefully my course knowledge lets me shoot low enough to advance. Will probably take 148-150

My PB on the course is a 2 under 70.
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ntanygd760/round/670235
bigmet%2070_zpss5vlxqop.jpg

Bayonet and Black Horse in Seaside, CA. Bayonet is the north course, and Black Horse is the south course. Bayonet is rated 74.8/139 from the tips, and Black Horse is 73.7/136. Course records are 62 and 63 for Bayonet and Black Horse respectively. The two courses play differently, with Bayonet being a bit more narrow with slightly slower greens and Black Horse is more wide open with faster greens. My best rounds to date are a 93 on Black Horse and a 95 on Bayonet. I'm confident I'll break 90 on both courses soon. Both are very fun to play and are challenging every time! Since the courses reside on the old Fort Ord, military members play for an absurd rate. It costs me $18.90 to walk or $78.50 a month for unlimited golf. It's nice living 1.9 miles away from these fantastic courses!

aLUeWW6.png

As a kid, my family and I lived on Fort Ord. It was a long time ago (30 years or so ago) but I still remember it like it was yesterday. May have to take a trip out there for old times sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ewa beach golf club. Best public course on the island.
First hole is at the bottom where the icon is. European style as you don't come back till 18. Upper right is the 260 yard par 4 that are truly a risk/reward deal.
d764a1125bd64af03f025be43d03e878.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back