Home Course Represent

So many nice courses in here. Im a little jealous to be honest. My home course doesn't look as picturesque as some of the others in here, but I will say that the greens compare to almost any course Ive ever played which is saying something considering the location, clientele, etc. We are lucky to have a great greenskeeper. The fairways can get a bit dry and occasionally some brown or dead spots show up but as long as we are getting afternoon showers the whole course is pretty decent. Bunkers are average to below average though. We have one putting green and a range where my some of my drives can end up the #3 par 5 fairway.

There are some oddly placed trees and obstacles though that make you shape your shot to get a clear second shot. We also have a green now on the shortest par 4 that is maybe the size of an above ground swimming pool which is tiny.

Wubears, I would love to be able to play a course like that. Seems like more of a second shot type of course which would benefit me as the tee game can get wonky sometimes. We have holes that force fades, draws, slices and even hooks if you want a chance at a GIR. I would love more room of the tee and larger green complexes.

This is Painted Hills.

I rotated it to make it bigger. North is actually the right side, south is the left side. The front nine is on the inside of the course, the back nine goes around the outside part of the course. #1 tee is right by the clubhouse and heads south; #10 tee is in the northwest corner, at the intersection of College and Parallel and heads south. The pond comes into play on #8 and #16. The senior living center is by 16 green and 17 tee. #9 green is just south of the club house and 18 green is next to it, just south of the parking lot.

painted%20hills%20via%20google%20maps.jpg

Darlington Country Club, Darlington SC. From the blues it plays 6342, course rating 70.4, slope 122. Membership drive right now is priced to generate interest at $100 for a family with access to tennis courts and pool. Our best hire was a greenskeeper who has the greens in shape as some of the best in the Pee Dee Region. They're tiny though, placing a premium on either accuracy or a great ability to get up and down. Ladies group on Tuesdays, Sundowners on Thursdays. My best score here is an 87, though I played it forward that round.

View attachment 24549

With lines drawn showing holes (number is at tee box): View attachment 24551

Looking forward to the Southern 500 tournament. Good to hear the greens are in good shape!

I've been working in Moose Jaw more or less daily for the past 3 years. I've been meaning to check out the full-size golf courses there (Lynbrook or Hillcrest) after work someday but never do for some reason.

I left there in '96 after 5 long years. Go play Hillcrest!

Wendell Country Club, not a particularly difficult course, there are some pretty gimmicky holes, including a par 5 where a driver will put most players balls in the water and a Par 4 where a driver is dangerous unless you can play a serious draw (fade for us lefties), but there are plenty of scoring holes and plenty of wide open holes. It's a short course, and while there are some pretty good elevation changes it's an easy course to walk. The best thing about the course for me is the price, memberships are pretty fairly priced, and rounds aren't too expensive. The guys that run the course are pretty awesome and always good for a chat if they've got the time.

Blue: yards 6147, rating 69.3, slope 122
White: yards 5866, rating 68.0, slope 117
Gold: yards 4885, rating 63.6, slope 101
Red: yards 4689, rating 67.0, slope 110

C0IWcq0.png

Wubears, I would love to be able to play a course like that. Seems like more of a second shot type of course which would benefit me as the tee game can get wonky sometimes. We have holes that force fades, draws, slices and even hooks if you want a chance at a GIR. I would love more room of the tee and larger green complexes.

It really is a phenomenal course. Since its all bent grass, the course is always green - even in the dead of winter. Plus, I'm a 7 minute drive from my office door to the clubhouse so it's extremely convenient. Not bad for being located next to a race track, garbage dump, salvage yard and lime processing facility.

I just found this pretty awesome aerial drone flyover of my home course, Ironbridge Golf Club. It plays 7400 from the tips with a 73.7/137 rating. It is a pretty generous course from the tee but very demanding into the greens. Greens run very fast (10.5 avg) and are tough to read. The course will require you to use every club in your bag at some point. Birdies are plentiful but can disappear quickly if control is lost.

I never get bored playing this course. So much variety from #1 through #18.

https://youtu.be/bnAwtWphHus

Don Veller Seminole Golf Course and Club, Tallahassee, FL. Tees marked with yellow, corresponding green marked with, well, green. Scorecard listed below.

qyso5u.jpg

4tslcw.jpg

RTJ Trail - Hampton Cove: The northern most site on Alabama's RTJ golf trail.

Highlands (left side) - 75.7 / 136 / 7,438 from the tips, 72.3 / 130 / 6,806 from the orange, 69.6 / 126 6,070 from the white, 68.3 / 113 / 4,951 from the ladies teal.

River (right side) - 77.8 / 136 / 7,668 from the tips, 72.8 / 136 / 6,764 from the orange, 69.7 / 128 / 6,111 from the white, 70.4 / 119 / 5,278 from the ladies teal.

No bunkers on the river course but water in play on 16 of 18 holes. I prefer the Highlands, although it has bunkers and water.

Short course (par 3) is also on the right side. I haven't tried this yet but if you get to play an RTJ short course, you might consider alternating tee boxes. Playing from the tips might leave you hitting long shots off the tee a lot, but if you mix it up you may get to hit a better variety of clubs off the tee, from short to long to woods. I heard someone mention this and I might try it next time I play the short course.

Edit: It's zoomed out quite a bit, but if I captured it all, there should be 54 holes pictured. On the River Course (right side) some of the greenish color is actually water, not the fairway.

9756280136f69aa4a63a78d2b09fd018.jpg

Back