Callaway XR Pro Irons Preview Thread

True story. One of the R&D guys from Callaway said to me at #TheGrandaddy that he thought the XR Pro irons were one of their best releases in recent years. So much so that he was debating putting them in his bag immediately and he loves his Apex irons.

My wallet really doesn't want to hear that. :act-up:

Regardless, these are very attractive and the tech sounds very good. Can't wait to give them a go.

Top 3! Like the looks and sound of these. Definitely want to hit 'em.

Well, now I have to wait to try these out before I decide on which new set of irons to get. Thanks, Callaway.

Has a release date been mentioned somewhere?

Wow, these are the best looking cavity irons I've seen in some time. With cup-face technology in tow these are going to be amazing.

That is a fantastic looking iron. Well done on these Callaway.

Really is a good looking iron. Going to give them a poke when I get a chance.

These look great and kind of go back to the X Hot roots so to speak.

Found the release date. 2-20-15

Definitely a set I'd like to try. Cons for me with the Berthas were mainly looks and feel, so if those two issues are taken care of they could be a very nice set.

Looks incredible and sounds like a ton of tech in it. Would be curious about distance consistency on well struck shots - would there be any jumpers?

Really impressed with the way these look. To me they look more like a combo of the Apex Pro and x Hot Pro Irons.

Goodness these do look very, very similar to the Apex. All that fantastic tech packed into such a small and awesome looking package, I'm in like Flynn.

01b235353dda47f17594ad32a491761d.jpg

Look what I found in the fitting cart at my club this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f6cfea5be65d8e9c136c676704748c1d.jpg
comparison of sole vs. X2 Hot,

ec82780cb3f5ec5094eab17dd688b45f.jpg

And top line. XR on the left is a tiny bit thiicker, but not by much.

Sorry if pics aren't great from my IPhone.

Thanks v.man. The comparison pics look good to me.

Top line on the pros is MUCH better looking. Would be very interested in giving these a shot.

Looks incredible and sounds like a ton of tech in it. Would be curious about distance consistency on well struck shots - would there be any jumpers?

In all the testing I have done and see with every iron that gets labeled this way, I have yet to see it replicated by robot or person.
I think people overstate this so dramatically online.
Flyers happen because of lie and contact.
While its physically possible with thin faced designed, its not as common as is portrayed on the interwebs.

f6cfea5be65d8e9c136c676704748c1d.jpg
comparison of sole vs. X2 Hot,

ec82780cb3f5ec5094eab17dd688b45f.jpg

And top line. XR on the left is a tiny bit thiicker, but not by much.

Sorry if pics aren't great from my IPhone.

Those are the regular XR's correct?

I noticed a couple Grandaddy members saying they would go with the XR Pros over Apex if they could. That's a huge statement to me.

I really want to try these out
Present. I preferred these and it wasn't even close.

And while I didn't pay particular attention, these Pro irons look more like what I hit in California from a size prospective than the regular XR version.

XR vs X2Hot

Yes. I meant to post in the XR thread but didn't have my glasses. Sorry.

OH me! JB you are sure making it hard for me to make any plans for my next club changes. These look like a huge game improvement for those who make the change to XR, I'm going to start saving up.

Extremely excited for these. I'll be keeping my Apex Pros as they flat our perform when I'm playing well.

However these apparently fit in between the Apex Pros and Apex irons. Now add in the face cup and bingo!

See the stock is the KBS Tour V 90. Is this a new shaft?

I most likely am going to stick with the normal Tour V as it performed well for me all last year.

For a Pro iron, it doesn't have that typical look, seems more in that GI category, I'm really curious how these would perform for me.

Yes. I meant to post in the XR thread but didn't have my glasses. Sorry.

Not a problem, V.man! I was just going to be shocked if the Pro was bigger than the X2hot

Back