Lo and behold, my bag may look really similar to last season. After a lot of trial and consideration, I'll go into 2017 season with the same FW (Ping G), same hybrids (Callaway Alpha 815s), irons (Callaway Apex CF16), wedges (Cleveland RTX 2.0 CB), and putter (Bettinardi Tour Proto BB0 Raw). Driver decision is pending, but close to being finalized.

Those iron shafts are gorgeous! I want some!

Some changes coming to the gamer bag. When a club basically shows you it needs to be in there, who am I to argue?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Only 2 changes in my 2017 primary gamer bag as compared to what I ended last season with. Epic SZ in at the driver spot, and Cure CX2 is the putter.
2355e79e449e774a8235638fba952544.jpg

So much for only two changes. LOL. C200s into the gamer bag, with P770s on the way for some more trials.

802314c6ff61c0afe63c63cf08ab7ab0.jpg

Looking forward to seeing those 770s dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh... The more things change, the more things stay the same... And then change, again. LOL. Quick update without a pic, yet. Ping G 3W is out, and TEE EX10 Beta 3W is in. Cleveland RTX 2.0 CBs are out, and Vokey SM5s are in. That's the bag I'm running with at Regional Rivalry this coming weekend. After that? There appears to be an order for i200s outstanding.

Sigh... The more things change, the more things stay the same... And then change, again. LOL. Quick update without a pic, yet. Ping G 3W is out, and TEE EX10 Beta 3W is in. Cleveland RTX 2.0 CBs are out, and Vokey SM5s are in. That's the bag I'm running with at Regional Rivalry this coming weekend. After that? There appears to be an order for i200s outstanding.

i200 tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

It's a little odd to have such a drastic change in the bag, but one I can't actually provide a picture of, yet. Anyway, the i200s will still get some time in the bag, but the #StaffProto irons will be work-horse, and so far, they are proving to be a very worthy competitor in that spot.

Haven't updated this in a while - need to get a pic or two tonight. I'm going to end-up in an iron conundrum in a few months, I think, as I have really solid options...

I have the C300 Forged in the gamer spot, pre-season. Need to get some more time with them to provide additional feedback in the review thread, plus also see what they can really do in more neutral (i.e. prime) conditions, they still appear to be a very strong competitor with... i200s - I know what these can do, just super solid in nearly every respect. I also added a dark horse, just because I've wanted a set since they were released a couple of years ago... 716 CBs. Very different design from both the C300 Forged and the i200, but daaaayyyyyuuuuummmmm they look good, and I do want to have a players set to at least mess around with. Initial impressions are pretty straight forward - more penalizing on mishits, and not as long as either the C300 Forged or i200s. But, the sound/feel and spin into the green trumps both of the other sets, hands-down. From a design perspective, it's gotta be tough to build the kind of distance in the C300 Forged and i200, and also try to incorporate the sound/feel from something like the CBs. It's like the Holy Grail of irons, which I hope one of the manufacturers finds.

Anxiously waiting to see what you cast off next. Your old CF16s have been in my bag awhile & I'm starting to get the itch. LOL

lol dark horse

Anxiously waiting to see what you cast off next. Your old CF16s have been in my bag awhile & I'm starting to get the itch. LOL

Glad the CF16s are still working well for you. In about 3 or 4 months we'll see if there is a deal to be made. LOL.

lol dark horse

More like already in the bag and ready to go.....

Hey! Don't jinx my "process". Something this important takes time. And will power... To try and not add additional options to the list. LOL. Heaven help me if W/S releases something like FG Tour Vsomething-greater-than-6. :banghead:

Haven't updated this in a while - need to get a pic or two tonight. I'm going to end-up in an iron conundrum in a few months, I think, as I have really solid options...

I have the C300 Forged in the gamer spot, pre-season. Need to get some more time with them to provide additional feedback in the review thread, plus also see what they can really do in more neutral (i.e. prime) conditions, they still appear to be a very strong competitor with... i200s - I know what these can do, just super solid in nearly every respect. I also added a dark horse, just because I've wanted a set since they were released a couple of years ago... 716 CBs. Very different design from both the C300 Forged and the i200, but daaaayyyyyuuuuummmmm they look good, and I do want to have a players set to at least mess around with. Initial impressions are pretty straight forward - more penalizing on mishits, and not as long as either the C300 Forged or i200s. But, the sound/feel and spin into the green trumps both of the other sets, hands-down. From a design perspective, it's gotta be tough to build the kind of distance in the C300 Forged and i200, and also try to incorporate the sound/feel from something like the CBs. It's like the Holy Grail of irons, which I hope one of the manufacturers finds.

Saw you put those 716's in your bag on Saturday Night and you couldn't have had a wider smile.

Saw you put those 716's in your bag on Saturday Night and you couldn't have had a wider smile.
I'm an admitted equipment junkie. LOL. The options I have this season definitely make me smile.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm an admitted equipment junkie. LOL. The options I have this season definitely make me smile.

I guess that one thing about not really being great at golf - keeps you from being an equipment junkie, all though I try in my own little way.

i200.

i200.

i200.

Mine are back in the bag too. We can match.

i200.

i200.

i200.

Mine are back in the bag too. We can match.

LOL, but you see my "problem", right? (OK, it's not really a "problem" per se) Too many really good options. And then I tend to add other options to the mix. In the end, I can shoot in the 90s and in the 70s with any iron set, so eventually it'll come down to what I really "want" to play from an aesthetics and performance standpoint.

LOL, but you see my "problem", right? (OK, it's not really a "problem" per se) Too many really good options. And then I tend to add other options to the mix. In the end, I can shoot in the 90s and in the 70s with any iron set, so eventually it'll come down to what I really "want" to play from an aesthetics and performance standpoint.

We have had this conversation.

You are a PING guy.

You know what else would make you smile? Scheduling a date range for Kyle, Ryan, you, and I to play together this year!

Glad the CF16s are still working well for you. In about 3 or 4 months we'll see if there is a deal to be made. LOL.

Hey! Don't jinx my "process". Something this important takes time. And will power... To try and not add additional options to the list. LOL. Heaven help me if W/S releases something like FG Tour Vsomething-greater-than-6. :banghead:

Just say it, V-8. 8 cylinders of goodness that no real man can resist.

Current gamer bag, minus the Edel E-3 putter...
a5833cdfe21fb325353beaf748107e66.jpg

I should have added this, Mark... I had 13 clubs (no putter) when I carried my bag into Top Golf, and after playing around for an hour, decided to go and get the 716s out of the car. LOL. So, I started with one iron set in the bag at the beginning of the evening, and then carried 2 sets of irons back out to the car when we were done. :clown: I thought that was pretty good, since I didn't bring an extra of any other club. LOL

Back