Garsen Golf Grips Review Thread - G-Pro Edge, G- Pro MAX, and Ultimate

Very premature to make any solid comments, but I am noticing my right fingers feel a little uncomfortable. Since the grip moves your hands a little more under due to the thumb positioning my right fingers aren't really wrapped underneath like I want them. And they are overlapping my left thumb. Feel like this would be perfect for a non taper design. Anyway, am I the only one that feels this?

I imagine as with any grip it'll vary on the person using it and their personal grip position. Some things just don't work for everyone, ya know?

I imagine as with any grip it'll vary on the person using it and their personal grip position. Some things just don't work for everyone, ya know?
Without a doubt. It's comfortable in the left hand so I'm going to add more tape underneath my right hand.

Without a doubt. It's comfortable in the left hand so I'm going to add more tape underneath my right hand.

I can dig it.

Put extra wraps underneath the right hand side and Im still not totally satisfied. New hand positioning just causes too much right finger overlap over the left thumb and just feels uncomfortable for me. My right hand feels like it's clamping the grip than wrapping and holding. I'll continue to toy with my hand positioning this offseason, but not sure it's going to make it passed my back up.

I'm having a hard time picturing your finger overlapping the thumb. Mine just sit on opposing sides of the edge.

I'm having a hard time picturing your finger overlapping the thumb. Mine just sit on opposing sides of the edge.

Same here. Right pinky overlaps left index finger a bit.

Only possibility of thumb hitting a finger would be maybe the right middle finger touching the left thumb based on finger length.

I played a round with a Bettinard BB8 and the Ultimate Grip yesterday.

I think this one offers more versatility and grip options as compared to the Edge and Max, though I pretty much bought in completely the Edge concept immediately. I think if you're maybe using a unconventional grip or just like the taperless design then you've got a solid option from Garsen as well.

I played around with the grip a little while on the course. Worked on the neutral thumbs, then one that was a little more conventional with the thumbs more on top. Took a bit of getting used to coming from the Edge/MAX, but I ended up rolling the ball pretty well. Still, from a pure comfort standpoint (and results I've seen on the course), the MAX would be my first choice, with the Pro Edge a close second.

I just got an Edge and put it on my Versa #7 this weekend to test out. Feel is a little spongy and soft, but it still generated some good feedback. The shape is for sure different and having your thumbs on either side of the ridge feels strange, but not too strange. For me it was easier to adjust to compared to when I went from normal pistol style grip to the SuperStroke Fatso. It felt really weird just holding it inside, but once on the putting green it was far more comfortable. Played 9 holes with it and on long putts I felt that I was much more accurate. On short putts I was still getting used to the different grip and it seemed to affect me more with the shorter back swing. It is almost like putting with your right hand in the claw position, really makes you put less pressure on the right hand.

I use the same grip across all clubs, interlock. Thus causing the right index and middle fingers to hang out.

Where is you right pinky and index finger located when you grip it? Are they overlapping anywhere on the left hand?

I think that's the difference. I always forget I reverse overlap with the putter.

My grip came in today. Going to throw it on this week and give it a run.

Got my edge in today and will be trying to get it installed tomorrow and see how it feels.

I think this will certainly be in the running to be my gamer though.

Looking forward to your thoughts guys.

I played another one with the Ultimate yesterday and came away with the same thoughts as before. This one is wrapped up for now and the review should follow soon. Max is the big winner for me based on my oversized grip preference and I can't wait until the next time I can put it into play.

Mine came today. Going to install tonight. I wish he had a video on his site showing exactly how to do it, but I imagine it won't be too difficult

Just slip her on and make sure the line goes down the middle. Lots of solvent and you'll be albe to adjust easily.

Just slip her on and make sure the line goes down the middle. Lots of solvent and you'll be albe to adjust easily.

Agreed, I did mine with air and had zero issues getting it lined up.

My G-Pro Edge showed up today. Feels a quite bit smaller in hand than I expected coming from a SS Flatso Ultra. Thinking about giving the Max a shot but I am worried that will be too big.

I felt the same way at first Erik, but after a short time I thought it was just fine. I still prefer the MAX though.

Well this may be another week or so before I try it out. Had a install mishap and need to get a new extension for the putter I want to use.

Thinking my grip installs are more my problem and not the grip. Might be time for new tape and solvent. Haha

Got a message from Garsen that mine shipped today. And I think I decided which putter to put this on.

A couple things on the Garsen review.

Will get a chance to talk with the CEO today about the Ultimate and some other things.

Wanted to thank sleuth for his comments as well. I will say that I went down last night and used a conventional overlap grip and didn't have the same issues as he did with the way I naturally placed my hands with the normal overlap, but I was able to recreate them. The point it brings up is that some may have to slightly alter their grip, which I suppose shouldn't be a huge surpise given the unique shape. Some may not be interested in that, others may find value in it from the results post-change. Only one way to know though.

A couple things on the Garsen review.

Will get a chance to talk with the CEO today about the Ultimate and some other things.

Wanted to thank sleuth for his comments as well. I will say that I went down last night and used a conventional overlap grip and didn't have the same issues as he did with the way I naturally placed my hands with the normal overlap, but I was able to recreate them. The point it brings up is that some may have to slightly alter their grip, which I suppose shouldn't be a huge surpise given the unique shape. Some may not be interested in that, others may find value in it from the results post-change. Only one way to know though.

It is not going to be for everyone but the concept is terrific and I would love to see the line expanded to include some different textures and if possible a non-taper version. I do like that the Edge is smooth on the front with some texture on the back side.

The Ultimate is non-taper I believe, though maybe you are talking about the Edge versions?

The MAX does have two textures and the Ultimate actually has different levels of firmness depending on the color, which I didn't know until just a few minutes ago. That one was developed with input from Tour players and Mike Shannon. Will save more on that one for the review though.

I have 2 more edges on the way but thinking about picking up a max just to toy with and see if i prefer that. Should've got 1 of each to start but the edge feels good now as it's a similar size to the Iomic's I've been using.

Hawk...quick question. I've been doing something similar with my SS1.0 with the thumbs on the edges. Really like it so is there a similar size in these?

Back