Wilson D200 Irons Review Thread

Hey Josh,

Did you get a chance to run this comparison?

I think I'm going to replace my 2011 TP CBs this coming spring & I'm leaning toward more of a distance iron. Both of these, the BBs & the 545s look to be in the running so far.

Look forward to following your review.

I have and will be putting down the information at some point in the future.

Looking through golf magazine and saw the steel Shafted versions of these irons are 600. Compared to the $1,000 for the berthas and $700 tag on a few others I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Looking through golf magazine and saw the steel Shafter versions of these irons are 600. Compared to the $1,000 for the berthas and $700 tag on a few others I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Was just reading that myself!

These look like launchers, not sure how I missed this thread

Looking through golf magazine and saw the steel Shafted versions of these irons are 600. Compared to the $1,000 for the berthas and $700 tag on a few others I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Yep. That caught my attention as well.

I was looking for some additional pics of these & came across some that were yellow/silver rather than red/black.

I'm guessing those will be the ladies version, but I think they look better than the men's. I wonder if it's possible to order the ladies heads w/ men's shafts?

I was looking for some additional pics of these & came across some that were yellow/silver rather than red/black.

I'm guessing those will be the ladies version, but I think they look better than the men's. I wonder if it's possible to order the ladies heads w/ men's shafts?

Not sure on that, but having seeing these in person, the standard offering is pretty darn sweet looking

I was in a smaller golf shop yesterday that sells some of these, and I have to say WS is making some pretty good looking irons. The owner of the shop said he thinks the WS irons are the best deal in golf right now. I never considered getting WS iron but I really enjoyed the look of them.

I'd have to agree with that statement. A lot of bang for the buck with Wislon Staff - very underrated.

These look like launchers, not sure how I missed this thread

I had to laugh out loud - ever since I saw them listed in JB's signature & hearing DC Brad talk them up, I started searching the threads. After I read your post, I realized I was typing "Wilson Staff D200 irons" and nothing came up. Just tried "Wilson D200 irons" & both threads popped up :banghead:

I would love to try these & compare them to my Di11's. I'll be following closely - from now on lol!

I was in a small shop outside of Charlotte that is one of the few places that sells Wilson Staff. He is a well respected fitter. He told me he is joining their dealer advisory staff mainly because of their value and their attention to both the customer and the market.He said he thought the D 200 iron would be a great club for W/S.

Here's pic of the yellow/silver version. Please delete if we're not supposed to post for some reason.
4q63k1.jpg
[/IMG]

Testing these two out on the launch monitor later today on off center strikes at the range.

5aeabd1e4083899a09637fb6de5b9c2b.jpg

I love that picture. The Mizuno in blue looks so good, but I have a feeling I know who wins out in the end.

That's the real attraction in my mind. I know we pick what we pick for a variety for reasons, but $400 is a big number and I'd struggle to justify it based on what I know about iron performance.

I wonder how these compare to the d100 irons. They look similar with but with different coloring

I wonder how these compare to the d100 irons. They look similar with but with different coloring

I have both sets and they are quite different. The undercut is definitely different here as is the sole design leading towards the leading edge. While at Wilson, THPers were able to see side by side in slides the changes that were made and one of the big ones was shifting weight.

I can tell you that I liked the D100 line, but these are quite different for me in terms of overall performance.

hey JB,

How have your experiences been with the 4I-5I?

Seems like with some sets there is a drop off with "ease to hit" when it gets down to these 2 irons, wondering what you have seen so far.

hey JB,

Seems like with some sets there is a drop off with "ease to hit" when it gets down to these 2 irons, wondering what you have seen so far.

Honestly I have not tested the 4I yet. That will come this weekend hopefully. The 5 is a big win for me. As you know, I played the 5 Altitude this year and love it, this is similar for me in launch and distance.

Just got the D100's on RBG new for a steal 229.00 and love them. I see myself in a year or so getting these on RBG for the same price

Honestly I have not tested the 4I yet. That will come this weekend hopefully. The 5 is a big win for me. As you know, I played the 5 Altitude this year and love it, this is similar for me in launch and distance.

Yeah definitely more interest in the 5I for me than anything as with my lack of distance off the tee I end up with it in my hand more times than not and have seen a few sets Ive gamed over the last 2 years "easier" to hit than others. Looking forward to the feedback

hey JB,

The 4 and 5 on my D100's are stupid easy to hit.

I know the D200 irons won't be released till January, but will they be available to demo in stores prior to release?

Still waiitng for these to show up in the local shop for demo. I might even try the graphite shafts if they have them.

The graphite shafts are the iron version of the Element Chrome series & there is little to no info out there on them.

Looking forward to your feedback. They are as solid as they come in their class and a great bit of tech put in there.

Waiting for these to be fully released so i can hit these on a LM. Loving the looks of these and the initial feedback.

Well these look great for those looking for added distance. A bit chunky for my liking though. I actually played the Di7 set back in 09' but it was way too heavy with the TT 105 steel uniflex offering that came stock at the time. Eventually went to jpx 800's(great set but had distance issues) and now the C 100 set with the Aldila RIP Phenom Xi75 in stiff. I have back issues so the transition to graphite was out of necessity. I've had these current C 100 irons since last Summer and they're really suited to my swing and tempo. I know the soles are a little chunky in the C 100's as well but they interact with the turf really well plus I've never had an issue with fat shots like I thought I would. These D 200's should do well for the higher handicappers looking for added distance and forgiveness. Wilson Staff is the real deal. Nice pics btw

These D 200's should do well for the higher handicappers looking for added distance and forgiveness. Wilson Staff is the real deal. Nice pics btw

Or for low cappers that like high and straight. :D

Back