Titleist 915H Hybrid - THP Review

This is on the hit-list for the spring! As many have said before, Titleist has not really been a favourite before but the 915 line might change that!

Looks good love my 910 but tried out both the 910/913 lines and really didn't care for the hybrids, but that Rogue is intriguing doubt it will be the real one though if so that would be pretty incredible.

This is the "real one". Same as the Rogue Black that will be made available to retail

There is a tour only option that was released early in the year that many players on tour have been using.

Look forward to your thoughts Dan. Love my 913. Just wants to go high and straight.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

love it!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these. And this is wierd but actualy a titleist club I enjoy looking at.

I'm really looking forward to the 915 release. I've never hit Titleist equipment because the people around me say it isn't forgiving etc etc. But I'll see for myself. The fact they are offering such an incredible shaft with it just makes me want it more. I've hit a driver and FW with the rogue shaft and really loved the feel and the numbers were perfect....except for having to buy it lol.

I will be taking one of these out to the range tomorrow for some testing.

Same loft as the one Dan has?

Same loft as the one Dan has?
I honestly don't know. There are a couple in the box and I have not even taken the covers off them.

Can't wait to hear you thoughts on these after you get it out for testing. I am really intrigued with the entire 915 line.

I can't tell all that well just by one photo, but does it look a little square'ish on the toe side? Or is it just the camera playing tricks on me?

Titleist always makes great looking clubs. Definitely interested in the performance of this and the rest of the 915 line

I can't tell all that well just by one photo, but does it look a little square'ish on the toe side? Or is it just the camera playing tricks on me?

ish? I suppose. It's not much of a departure from the 913 profile in my opinion though - If you're familiar with that line.

ish? I suppose. It's not much of a departure from the 913 profile in my opinion though - If you're familiar with that line.

Ish was the best way to describe. I'm not sure if it was just the angle that was messing with me or what, it just looked a little square at the end.

While I hated the 915 D3 driver, the hybrid was a performer. Great feel and ballflight. Its a stronger flight then in am used to with the Adams Pro, but liked the feel from the stock Rogue shaft. Looking forward to more time with it.

Nice looking club with plenty of options...tag a bit high but not surprised. Will take a follow.

This is one sexy looking golf club. Can't wait to hear your thoughts Dan.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Fupresti and I both really really liked this hybrid. The HD has a smaller foot print than I am used to, not by much but by a little bit. Sound is great, although I will say the HD version is a low launcher. We both hit it on the range and then both used it on the course as well. Solid performer.

While I hated the 915 D3 driver, the hybrid was a performer. Great feel and ballflight. Its a stronger flight then in am used to with the Adams Pro, but liked the feel from the stock Rogue shaft. Looking forward to more time with it.

What does 'stronger flight' mean?

More penetrating.

Well now you are talking my language. Need to hit this, I want a new hybrid in the bag.

Good thoughts guys. I really liked the 913 hybo line - I feel like id like this one too

Got some quality experience with the 915H today. Out of the gate I was seeing a fair bit of fade spin off the face, but I'm certain it was more about me. On course the shots were straight for the most part, with a small fade or draw each time. Flighting is a nice mid as promoted by the Titleist specs, and the Rogue held up wonderfully with every swing.

Overall weighting is right on par with what I find to work well with hybrids. Nice and visible to the mind all the way through the swing, without feeling like it gets lost at any point. Nice and controlled.

The sound might be my favourite part so far. It's not loud like a lot of woods we're seeing on the market today, and it's not quite the pitch of an iron with quality contact. The idea that keeps coming to me is 'firm yet full' and I think I'll try to build on that over the next week or so.

One thing I want to talk about is the channel they've incorporated this year. While I am sure the tech is sound, it's been a bit of a pet peeve of mine thus far. After a few practice swings and some ground on an executed swing, the channel gets loaded with dirt/grass. Because the channel is narrow, it takes a divot tool prong to clean it out (tee is too wide). It's not a make or break, and it's not visible at address, but something worth considering.

azupuvuh.jpg

I've got a weekend of golf that will let me develop my thoughts better. If there's something you're looking to hear more about, please let me know.

These look pretty clean and right up my alley. Might have to take a few swipes tomorrow with it.

Got some quality experience with the 915H today. Out of the gate I was seeing a fair bit of fade spin off the face, but I'm certain it was more about me. On course the shots were straight for the most part, with a small fade or draw each time. Flighting is a nice mid as promoted by the Titleist specs, and the Rogue held up wonderfully with every swing.

Overall weighting is right on par with what I find to work well with hybrids. Nice and visible to the mind all the way through the swing, without feeling like it gets lost at any point. Nice and controlled.

The sound might be my favourite part so far. It's not loud like a lot of woods we're seeing on the market today, and it's not quite the pitch of an iron with quality contact. The idea that keeps coming to me is 'firm yet full' and I think I'll try to build on that over the next week or so.

One thing I want to talk about is the channel they've incorporated this year. While I am sure the tech is sound, it's been a bit of a pet peeve of mine thus far. After a few practice swings and some ground on an executed swing, the channel gets loaded with dirt/grass. Because the channel is narrow, it takes a divot tool prong to clean it out (tee is too wide). It's not a make or break, and it's not visible at address, but something worth considering.

azupuvuh.jpg

I've got a weekend of golf that will let me develop my thoughts better. If there's something you're looking to hear more about, please let me know.

I know this is subjective, but does the face feel like it compresses the ball well? To me, I feel that Titleist hybrids, FW's and Drivers do a solid job of at least transmitting that feeling.

I know this is subjective, but does the face feel like it compresses the ball well? To me, I feel that Titleist hybrids, FW's and Drivers do a solid job of at least transmitting that feeling.

I'll put more thought into your question while I'm hitting it this weekend, but I think to a point yes.

Back