The Brands Explained - Cleveland, Srixon & XXIO

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Over the past few months, readers have been sending in questions in regards to the new equipment launches and future launches of Cleveland and Srixon. Both manufacturers fall under the same company umbrella and there have been rumors suggesting that the parent company might be removing one of the brands, changing/altering them, etc.

THP TV decided to sit down with Adam Sheldon and ask him to explain the brands and the equipment that they design.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=24079

Very interesting take on what the target audience for each brand is.

This seems like a smart approach to me. Carve out a niche for each brand, who can focus on building the best product in that space.

The Srixon stuff is insanely good, and I couldn't be happier that they brought the brand back to the US. And the RTX wedges and smart square are about the best you can do from a short game standpoint. XXIO will likely be way too expensive for me, but looking forward to taking some swings.

Look forward to seeing their products in the future.

Thank goodness because I love Cleveland. Srixio and Zexio is all fine and dandy, but Clevio has my heart.

Good interview and info. Clarifies their direction and I like what I hear. I think they have a chance at being a major player with both CG and Srixon lines this year

Great interview and that's good to hear about Cleveland has more to come besides putters and wedges.

Very cool to hear info on each, easier to see the differences now.

Good to hear Cleveland is not going away.

Very cool to see how they're structuring their respective organizations.

I will be pretty intrigued to see Cleveland's upcoming offerings, especially the CG black irons, which look very mid-range but have a ton of technology-infused forgiveness.

Love that Cleveland isn't going anywhere. I like the approach that they are taking, seems like they know their target markets for each brand and are going to try and hit them.

Some great info here. I liked hearing that Cleveland is staying. Srixon is definitely a line that has gotten my interest. And now there is XXIO. Sounds like they are pretty big in other parts of the globe. Look forward to checking them out .

Thanks for the info. It is nice to know that Cleveland isn't going anywhere. 

For the smaller market share they have outside of wedges, I think they are making a shrewd move in clarifying who each company targets.

Interesting take provided by Adam Sheldon for the Cleveland, Srixon and XXIO brand and their strive to put out better golf equipment.

Good stuff JB, thanks.

ALL great news for the brands. The heritage brand (CG) has dominated wedges for 30 years., Srixon has great forgings. A great marriage now all available in the U.S.!

This was an interesting question and answer by Adam. For some reason, I kinda viewed Srixon (prior to learning of XXIO) as a premium offering over Cleveland. I would expect to see the Cleveland MB/CB offerings all move to Srixon and then the Black series continue for slower swing players in the Cleveland realm.

Since I viewed Srixon as premium, this XXIO gear must be really damn special.

Nice work by Adam to shed a little light on the positioning plans for each company.

An interesting take away. both Srixon and XXIO have proven to be successful in smaller markets. Europe and Japan before being introduced to our market here. Srixon I feel has a better chance of wider success over XXIO simply based on the U.S. Market isn't prepared for those price points. Adam made reference to the Srixon Ball market doing so well over in Europe, how does that compare to the numbers here?

Like the take on the positioning of each brand. I'm curious how XXIO will do in the US.

About what I expected w/ Cleveland and Srixon. I like the strategy there and I think it'll give them a better brand identity with metalwoods and irons going forward. Especially with Adams sort of sitting out there in limbo.

Very good info there, an interesting approach with the different brands and target markets.

Watching the video again this morning, I'm gonna keep a close eye on the marketing of all 3 moving forward, I've seen a difference in Srixon/Cleveland recently, I'll be curious to see how XXIO will advertise here in the states.

Great question! Glad to hear the long-term commitment overall. I hadn't given much thought to the slower-swing and women's market demographic until he pointed that out. Like others, I just figured Cleveland would focus on wedges, Srixon would become the overall equipment driver brand for them, and XXIO would fill the high-end market.

Back