WITB: Galen Marek

Freaking ADORE those headcovers Galen, really wish I'd bought a set from Lamont.

Freaking ADORE those headcovers Galen, really wish I'd bought a set from Lamont.

They're still for sale on his site and it looks like he's bringing back the putter cover. I think he waits till he has enough pre-orders then places his order. I ordered mine right before Father's Day and they showed up July 7th. I was very impressed with the quality when they showed up. My buddies say I should have ordered the black but I really think white is the way to go.

We just need to coordinate so we don't show up at the same golf course with matching headcovers. When I played with Alez last week we showed up with the same purse and it made for a very uncomfortable round.

Great setup dude! Really like both of your bags and that staff bag is awesome!

Those head covers are sweet! Nice setup

Okay my poor man's Phil bag is set for the foreseeable future (even I don't believe that...). The 816 3 wood won out over the XR16 and I redid the lead tape to favor the heel and back of the club. With the reduced spin she was going further than my XR16 with a similar launch angle. Moving the heavy weight to the front funnily enough didn't really affect spin for me so I've left it in the back for hopefully more forgiveness.

Three sugar skull headcovers at one time seemed a little much so I'm gonna do one at a time.

28205F63-F8D8-4559-A896-41C4EA89CAF2_zpsr1qlnmrt.jpg

A0D58328-B63A-48C3-8F86-CA17581EC60F_zps9pgs3fnu.jpg

My son's updated bag. His math teacher is also the golf coach and asked the class if anyone owned their own set of clubs. My son raised his hand and the teacher said "Congratulations, you're on the golf team".

So I bought him a new Callaway Razr Fit Extreme 13.5 driver and gave him my Jaws wedges. He's been playing my old Ram FX Pro Combo set irons for a while and I gave him my White/Black/White Versa #9. Time to tighten up his swing though. I don't recall ever being as flexible as he is.

F41C2334-6CA0-42C2-B5FC-FE72BCC20EC1_zpsytyzvx9g.jpg

My special order arrived today. Apex 3 hybrid with a Fujikura Motore f3 95 shaft. She came at D-3 so I'm think she doesn't need any lead tape just yet. I had actually ordered the Speeder 865 but the shop got it wrong. However the Motore looks sweet. The colors blend with the head perfectly so I kept it. Plus the shop hooked up the discount because of their mistake.

5E9A84EE-EF92-4262-8B02-36E583FA06FF_zps739k8ohs.jpg

E3520637-055A-43BD-B587-C5EBEF659BCC_zpssjcqqva5.jpg

13D08604-A4DF-4ABE-899B-307B58964246_zps2jiltcwx.jpg

Picked up a third set of 2013 X-Forged today in FANTASTIC shape for $260.00. Just some light scratching but zero groove wear even on the short irons.

67E93690-F99B-486F-9BB0-E156564CA42B_zpsmbatroi2.jpg

So now this is almost everything. Ditched the 815 DBD to make some room for whatever is replacing the 816 DBD and ditched the XR hybrid in favor of the Apex.

7F9BCA33-5C46-4962-B60C-90811BB794A0_zps1irqrgsy.jpg

Current set-up.

4D461775-5F63-4081-A784-30E11B30A722_zpskgvkyctq.jpg

Nice!!

It's looking good Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bags dude. Solid price for those irons

Nice bags dude. Solid price for those irons

The best part is I saw the ad on Friday night and they were $300. I was gonna text the guy right then and there saying I'd take them for that price. I got distracted and went to bed without sending the text. Woke up the next day and refreshed the add and low and behold they were $260! Huzzah for having a short attention span!

Small update. New driver and bag on the way.

8586C143-4729-43FF-99CC-DE9FF161F3B6_zpshwz3vtmo.jpg

New bag as Callaway replaced the old one cause the cloth on the inside bottom came away completely. I almost sent the new one back as I think the red is classier but after a while the gaudy green has grown on me and still matches my Dia de los Muertos headcovers.

C61932C1-E4C3-4B3B-873C-B1BEF46064DF_zpszjcoc9tx.jpg

New bag as Callaway replaced the old one cause the cloth on the inside bottom came away completely. I almost sent the new one back as I think the red is classier but after a while the gaudy green has grown on me and still matches my Dia de los Muertos headcovers.

Those head covers are bad ass. Where did you pick those up? Look like Patrick Gibbons but I can't tell.

Those head covers are bad ass. Where did you pick those up? Look like Patrick Gibbons but I can't tell.

Lamont Mann's (mannkrafted.com) website. The set of three was like $80 but the quality is incredible.

Looking good Galen. Need to show off your PX shaft though. Haha

Looking good Galen. Need to show off your PX shaft though. Haha

My submission was gonna be my version of this except a shaft instead of an Impala. Then I remembered I wasn't gonna win the HZRDUS Red so I toned it down a bit.

lowrider_zpsbfz3xb1a.jpg

My submission was gonna be my version of this except a shaft instead of an Impala. Then I remembered I wasn't gonna win the HZRDUS Red so I toned it down a bit.

lowrider_zpsbfz3xb1a.jpg

That photo was hilarious

Those headcovers are sick! Where did you get those?

I keep missing out on these! Another run coming soon though.

sugarskull_zps4h0hzkaa.jpg

Back