Titleist 915D2 Driver Review Thread

Amazing photos taken there. Driver looks good to.

Going to check this driver out...maybe hit a few at my buddy's shop.

Nice looking driver, my misses tend to be low so I wonder how well the chamber helps.

That is a beautiful driver and I am looking forward to your thoughts on it Hawk.

Going to find time for a brief range session this afternoon before P/T Conferences.

Going to find time for a brief range session this afternoon before P/T Conferences.

I'll be following you closely broski.

The pictures look fantastic!
I do not need one of those drivers.
I definitely don't need one.
God it looks good though....
I hope that slot doesn't really do any good, because I am happy with my current driver.
I'll be watching for the testing results though...

Thanks, Hawk.

I sense an internal struggle going on right now PJ. LOL.

It certainly does look good.

Had these in the fitting cart at my local Golf Galaxy today but I didn't get a chance to hit as they didn't have any lefties.

We will have a new thread up on the D3 soon as well. Fupresti and Mward hit it today on the range.

God this club looks fantastic. Just bought the V Series and Im absolutely loving it so far. Having said that, the mind tends to wander in the long Michigan winters. No club is ever safe in January. Loved my 913D2, but it was not the longest. Rumor is this version has some seriously increased ball speeds. We shall see. Looking forward to your thoughts Hawk.

Local range just got these in, will be there Saturday to try everything they have in the 915 line up

Had a chance to spend some time with this driver in the range. Completely unimpressed on all account. Most surprisingly is the sound, it is absolutely terrible. Its Nike Dymo loud. Surprised and happy because it just saved me 400.00.

Wow I didn't expect to hear this that is for sure

Wow I didn't expect to hear this that is for sure

Ditto. Say what you will about Titleist woods, but the one thing they always seem to nail is sound, so that is a definite shocker. I will reserve final judgment until I hit it of course, but this may just save me the temptation.

The d2? Have you hit the 910 because I hit them side by side and they are virtually identical.

We will have a new thread up on the D3 soon as well. Fupresti and Mward hit it today on the range.

I was at the Magic Kingdom while you guys did this...

Love the look of this driver. Titleist always looks classy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The d2? Have you hit the 910 because I hit them side by side and they are virtually identical.
If you are addressing me, then I will admit I have never tried the 910 series. However, Mward was right there with me while hitting it and it is an audible nightmare. My G30 sounded tame in comparison.

Wow. I have both and wouldn't consider the g30 better for a second.

Maybe the D3 has a different sound then the D2. I just know it was not the sound I was expecting.

I'm with you. The few swings I took with it yesterday I didn't think this was that loud or an obnoxious sound.

The D3 was definitely one of the louder drivers I have heard since the Nike and Cobra metal woods a number of years ago.

The D3 was definitely one of the louder drivers I have heard since the Nike and Cobra metal woods a number of years ago.

So the D2 is more muted than the D3? Definitely the opposite of what I'd expect, but I believe you 100%.

I had both the 910 d2 and d3 and to me the sound was greatly different. The d3 sounded great to me but hated the D2. Sound is personal but I will be disappointed if Titleist messed this up on both versions.

Yea that's makes more sense. It must be a D2 and D3 thing bc it sounded very nice.

Back