Article on Shaft Fitting

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
Excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Interesting, thanks for sharing!! They don't know most of the people on THP, for sure!

Interesting, thanks for sharing!! They don't know most of the people on THP, for sure!
I know, right? I found 1 in 100 not knowing anything about shafts a bit astounding, but we've said all along that as many members as there are on THP that are educated about such things, there are far far more golfers who play 3 to 5 times a year that don't get that involved in the technical and equipment side of things.

But to play devils advocate on that view, it's also hard to comprehend that someone paying $150 for an iron fitting (the standard rate I believe at Club Champion) would be willing to spend that much without already having a basic idea of what flex they had been playing.

Great stuff!! Thanks for sharing!

But to play devils advocate on that view, it's also hard to comprehend that someone paying $150 for an iron fitting (the standard rate I believe at Club Champion) would be willing to spend that much without already having a basic idea of what flex they had been playing.

I think this is key. For me, I was turned off of fitting early on because I was burned. The guy knew I didn't have a clue and took advantage of me. I'm not saying that I stayed away from it or wouldn't recommend it, but it's like anything where you put trust in someone else's knowledge and hope for the best. I think that a little self education and research goes a long way in getting it right... keeping that impatient beast at bay and wanting gear now is just as important when investing in a quality tuned and custom built set.

I don't doubt the 1 in 100 number at all. I see all sorts of folks who don't know the brand of shafts they have, much less the flex. Most guys I play with don't seem to want to learn anything about it, either.

I have an interest, but not to the scientific level. I appreciate a lot of things I learn on here, but some is just too in depth for my little brain to comprehend.

Back