What stats do you keep during your round?

vaj18psu

Reaction score
Handicap
18.3 Grint
Curious to see what stats most of you keep during a round of golf?

I typically just do FIR, GIR, and # of putts.

Also, as an aside, if you do keep track of similar stats as me, what do you aim for each round (i.e. target # of putts) or what percentages/putts are you satisfied with?

All I write down is score, FW's, # of putts, and if I had a penalty stroke. GIR I can compute afterwards. I like to see less than 35 putts at worst, at best around 30. 6+ GIR and 7+ FW's are good numbers for me.

Lately, I've been missing pretty horrifically on the GIR and FW's. Hard to score when you only hit 4 fairways and 3 greens. :banghead:

Score
FIR
GIR
Putts
Penalty

Score, FIR, GIR and Putts.

I track score, GIR, and putts... Occasionally i track fairways hit also, but some rounds i want to forget where i hit it.

FIR, GIR, bunkers, water hazards, unplayables or OB's, distance to pin once on the green. Gives me an idea of where I need to improve the most.

Less now that I use game golf. Right now it is just Fairways, greens, putts, 1st putt length, and note any recovery shots or penalties that cost me a stroke.

Before game golf I would write distance of shot from pin and surface for every swing. That got entered into a spreadsheet that could give me a ton of strokes gained data.

My goal on stats are
10/18 greens
10/14 Good drives (FIR + holes I hit the green from the rough.)
30 putts(useless stat)
0 strokes gained putting.
270 average off the tee with driver.

Score.....thats it

Usually just score, but have been looking at GIR, FIR, and putts a little closer now.

I keep score, FIR, GIR, Putts. At the stage of the game I am at its all I really need as I do not have the consistency yet to need to track left and right and chip/pitchs. IMO

FIR, GIR, Putts, Up and Down saves, penalties for me

Curious to see what stats most of you keep during a round of golf?

I typically just do FIR, GIR, and # of putts.

Also, as an aside, if you do keep track of similar stats as me, what do you aim for each round (i.e. target # of putts) or what percentages/putts are you satisfied with?

+ score

I don't aim for any target or goals although I do try and not 3 putt. I just add them up at the end of the round and see where I finished.

Score and putts thats it.

Fairways hit, GIR and number of putts for me. On top of score in general of course.

I'll also keep track of if I hit water or OB on a hole. So if I make double because I hit water, I mark that down.

In terms of what I am aiming for, I don't really have a number or percentage for anything. I keep track to see why I got the score I did. If I score well, but didn't hit many greens/fairways, I know I scrambled well. Stats like putting can be skewed if I don't hit many greens, because it could mean I was chipping/pitching really well, which caused a lot of short putts - instead of actually putting really well.

GIR & putts.

I keep FIR, GIR, Up & Down Chances, and putts.

I have been keeping Putts, FIR, and GIR. I am looking at GameGolf because I think it would be an interesting analysis.

I use Golf Logix. It keeps track of pretty much everything, lol

This is my custom signature

Score and also keeping track of ball flight.Hook versus little hook which I keep a mental note of and think about after the round.When I have big percentage of over hooks i go back to the info I was given from instructor to fix this.

If I'm playing by myself, and the course is empty:

Strokes
Putts
GIR
Fairway
Tee shot Shot Shape & Distance
Tee shot club
2nd shot club
3rd shot club

If the course is busy, or I'm playing in a group, then just Strokes, putts, and greens.

Typically just score

Gir / Putts is all.
I used to keep a lot more, but it had me thinking to much.
Just want to have a good time playing.

Putts, fairways & greens. Yeah, score too.

Last edited:
Back