What stats do you keep during your round?

Score
FIR
GIR
Putts
Up and down.

This year the only one that seems to dictate my score is GIR. I fired the other ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FW
GIR
Putts
1st Putt Distance (est)
Distance from hole for valid GIR attempt (est)
Up/Down from <30yd
Bunkers
Penalties
Occasionally I will track driver distance if conditions are "normal"

I always start off keeping score, putts, FIR and GIR, but it ends up being score only.

FIR, putts, penalties (ugh), and sand shots. USHandicap automatically keeps track of GIR based on # of putts.

Fairways and putts. Sand if I get in. Not sure why, I never really do anything with the info.

Fir, driving direction, putts, penalties. On grint the gir is automatic. Sometimes i write down carry distance if it is ahorter or longer than expected, wind.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I post my score on ghin.com and use their advance stats to track GIR, Fwy Hit, Putts, Sand Saves, Up and Downs, and penalties. I will also look at my scoring by hole to see what holes I am struggling on and think about changing my approach.

FIR
GIR
Putts
Sand Saves

I use game golf so pretty much all of them including stroked gained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started keeping some new stats and I think it definitely will help show me where I'm losing strokes from round to round.

I'm tracking good and bad:
- Drives - Last round I was 10/13
- Approach Shots - Last round I was 7/20
- Wedges (around the green, inside 50 yards) - Last round I was 8/12
- Putts made longer than 6' - Last Round I was 2/17 (33 putts on the round)

Approach shots and putting is obviously what hurt me last round.

I don't keep many stats, but the ones I do tend to keep track of are FW's hit. GIR's and number of putts

F-bombs dropped. Sorta kidding.

Score, fairways, greens and putts. I was given a sub to Golf Logix, I need to use it.

Score, Fairways Hit, GIR, Putts, and any hazards/penalties encountered. I've also started keeping track of roughly how long my putts are so I can adjust the pin a little better in Game Golf.

When the Game Golf battery dies in the middle of the 10th fairway, I also add which club I hit each shot and the stepped-off yardage, so I can recreate the end of the round as best I can.

Last edited:
Plus or minus to par. That's it during the round.

I can remember each shot during a round afterwards so I'll think about it after and look at what lead to the score and where I struggled, then I devote more time to that aspect when I practice next. I don't really track any stats. FIR would be a worthless stat really for me on my usual suspects of courses that I play. I usually can wail away and have some sort of a pitch on 90% of the par 4's so long as I don't end up behind the odd tree. GIR would be more helpful but still not real telling since unless I'm behind a tree or hit a horrific shot OB, I'm usually on 90% or more of the 4's and 5's around here. Par 3's I'm probably only 50% GIR. When you have the ability to hit it far, typical of this areas courses of 6,000-6,600 yards, it just don't require a whole lot of finesse. Most of these courses don't have risk/reward short par 4's. They just have short par 4 after short par 4 with no real trouble. A couple of them will make you think but generally the courses are just short. I usually stink at putting so that's golfs way of keeping me humble.

If I played more courses in the 7200+ range I'd have to rethink everything. Or if the par 4's required a precise tee shot. Most don't. They're just short and easy. I enjoy playing a long course just because I don't get to do it very often. My score usually goes up quite a bit. I'm not very good with 7i or longer into greens. Precision from over 180 into greens goes south real quick for me. I still have the ball flight to stop them quickly, I just don't hit very many of them straight enough to hit the green.

I get sidetracked easily if you haven't noticed, lol. My opening sentence answers the question. Plus or minus to par is all I track during the round.

Fairways, greens, chips, pitchs, putts, and sand shots.

I used to, but no longer track fairways and greens hit. I do keep tabs on my putts, sand saves and chip ins.

I used to keep track of just about everything, FIRs, GIRs, # of putts, # of 3-putts, Up and Downs, Sand saves......It got to the point I was playing for stats instead of score, if that makes sense. Now I just track scores by hole relative to par.

Score that all. Arrcos keeps everything else for me.

I've used Golfshot for a few years now tracking fairways hit, GIR, putts per round, putts per GIR, scrambling, sand saves.

Have just started using golfmetrics last 2 rounds. Haven't really studied the info yet will wait till I have 4 or 5 rounds in before seriously analysis of the data.

Just with a quick look at the results though it does break down every shot and putt distance statistically against a known average. i.e. Scratch or Pro golfer. I am hoping to use this info as part of my practice routine going forward.

If I'm playing with someone then it's just score and putts if I'm driving.

If alone, then...

Score
Putts
Putt distance (simple as taking the flag out and pacing to the ball), the missed ones can be paced because it gives a feel for the green and it all can be edited in Game Golf which has them pretty close.
Pin location (Red, White, or Blue for the home course with notes for left center, right, etc.)
Penalties

All the rest like fairways, greens, sand saves, and distances are kept in Game Golf. It sounds like a lot but as I'm walking off the green I just run 4, 2, 24-1, right center through my head and jot it down.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
Back