The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the local driving range and hit a bucket and a half of golf balls and nothing seemed to work. I've been trying to work on my swing being more rotational. It's coming along ok, but today I was spraying shots all over the grid. Then, I went to my parent's house, had some lunch, met w/ them for about a hour or so. Then, I had the urge to try to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong. I went to my home course driving range and I figured it out .

On my follow through, I tried pointing the butt end of the club down range and it was producing a nice draw. Let's hope I can remember to let swing be more rotational and point that end of the club down range. I'm going to hit the range again tomorrow and see what I can do.

I've had about 3 fantastic days in a row at the range. Can't wait until I can get out on the course and put it to the test.

I noticed yesterday it took me a little longer getting warmed up. Warmed up meaning loosened up. Thinking back I'm sure it had to do with the activity at work, but also was a good reminder of what I've not done in a long while. A little stretching and free swinging. Not talking to the extent of "The Mechanic" but something. It had an impact on my early range time, and it pretty much was a waste of time and golf shots. Anyone else have a stretching routine they do?

Going out today after my gym time and work on my chipping. An hour or two a day helps to get the double bogey man away :pumpkin:. It sure helped yesterday and I was pleasantly pleased with the strokes saved around the green.

Going out today after my gym time and work on my chipping. An hour or two a day helps to get the double bogey man away :pumpkin:. It sure helped yesterday and I was pleasantly pleased with the strokes saved around the green.

You da man! Keep up the good work my friend.

I played really well yesterday again. My latest swing thought has been more about just setting my wrists and letting the turn happen rather than forcing it and it's seemed to keep me from sliding out. Downswing thought has been feeling more core/rib cage area turning down into the ball and it's got me hitting the ball cleaner, hitting the ground, and just farther in general.

Would like to keep this going for the last month of the season if I can.

Yesterday was the first time in a long time I warmed up on the range and was pain free. Hit close to 80 balls before the round and no arm pain, back pain or anything. It felt great to get back out there and this year I have certain goals. Getting back to my roots of rebuilding the swing with some help, practicing a bit more and definitely playing more. It will take getting through the end of 2014, but I am so excited about loving the game again and making time for it.

Yesterday was the first time in a long time I warmed up on the range and was pain free. Hit close to 80 balls before the round and no arm pain, back pain or anything. It felt great to get back out there and this year I have certain goals. Getting back to my roots of rebuilding the swing with some help, practicing a bit more and definitely playing more. It will take getting through the end of 2014, but I am so excited about loving the game again and making time for it.

Love to hear this.

Sweet. Great to hear.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Awesome JB, you deserve that.

Great news JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic to hear. Good luck with getting back in the swing of things. On the flip side I've just started having some pain in left elbow and just below in forearm. 58 now just chalking it up to getting effing old. Nothing I can't live with. Hoping it subsides as I think it's mostly from some recent swing changes and alot of range beating. We'll see.

Thought I got some things figured out today on the range but it did not transfer to the course.

Found some time to get out to the range today.
Started with putting for about 45 minutes, then hit the range. Wanted to get conformable with a driver that someone let me borrow. Ended up swinging 3 different drivers to get some comparison shots in. Ended up hitting two full buckets with the driver I will be playing with this weekend. I think I have it dialed in pretty good right now. Will get back to the range tomorrow to verify, but looks good now and look forward to Sundays round with some of the DFW crew.

Leading driver is?

More driver work since the range is now mats only. I put the Bertha back to the settings that worked the best for me (+2 N) and had an OK day. A few overdraws, but no hooks and definitely no banana slices at all. I hit a few really nice shots just thinking tempo and not spreading my feet apart too far. Ball flight was actually lower than I expected with the loft set to 12.5* but it went straight. Ish. Based on my last few rounds, straightish works for me, even if it's a bit shorter.

Made it to the range after work to hit a few balls- irons were good and exactly the way I expect them to be, partial wedges were mediocre to the standard I expect them to be,

My driver swing is garbage and will get some serious attention this weekend

Hit the range today and also got in some putting practice. Sort of a bipolar range session. Focused on my 3w and driver. Had almost no slices (2 out of 50) but had some pretty ugly mishits (tops, worm burners). Focusing on strengthening grip and moving ball back in stance slightly. Slice gone. No dead left straight hits. Had quite a few nice straight drives. From now on focus at the range is accuracy. Also focusing on tee height again. Always something.

I'll be headed back to the range this week. I played poorly today. I saw way to many driver misses today, and my iron play wasn't on point.

Been taking care of my lady after her surgery so I spent a lot of time working on my putting on the carpet. I ended up switching to a cross hand grip and counterbalancing my mallet putter. The two were a match made in heaven. I would spend 5-10 minutes at a time rolling a dozen or so 3-5 footers then repeating that every 30 minutes for two days pretty much. Really started rolling the ball consistently on my intended line, which has been a huge struggle this season. I really felt myself being able to control the stroke with my shoulders with this major adjustment. I hope I can get this breakthrough to stick.

Hit the range tonight,solid progress. I can't wait to play my next round.

Played yesterday afternoon and then hit 70 balls on the range afterwards. Thinking yesterday was the last really nice day we'll have for 6 month unfortunately, so wanted to get as much out of it as I could.

Headed to the range with Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back