bighouse

fear the wheat
Reaction score
Handicap
Getting ready to get on the diamond and make a little greens fee money. Wondering if any of you guys call balls and strike for some extra dough. I love baseball and have been on a diamond more hours of my life than anything else. Started playing st 4 and umpiring at 12. This is year 21 umpiring and playing has long passed. I umpire because I love baseball and it's a great part time second job and keeps me around the game. But man on these Saturday and Sunday morning I sure would like to be on the links. If your an umpire have a good game, call em like you see em!

C'mon Blue!!

HA, umped slow pitch softball for a couple seasons in another life after I was too old to play it at that level. But that was about the extent of it.

I don't call strikes but give out yellow cards and call offsides. I still ref soccer (kids and adult leagues). I still manage to play in the over 40 league. I agree some weekends I'd rather be on the couse. Thank goodness we have a summer break in the sport.

Getting ready to get on the diamond and make a little greens fee money. Wondering if any of you guys call balls and strike for some extra dough. I love baseball and have been on a diamond more hours of my life than anything else. Started playing st 4 and umpiring at 12. This is year 21 umpiring and playing has long passed. I umpire because I love baseball and it's a great part time second job and keeps me around the game. But man on these Saturday and Sunday morning I sure would like to be on the links. If your an umpire have a good game, call em like you see em!

Keep on doing what you're doing. It's a thankless job and not many folks want to do it.

I started playing baseball at 4 and continued straight through college. I started umpiring after graduation to pick up some dough. I really liked it except for one thing…the coaches. Most of them were clueless and I just hated to see some of the kids' potential not being realized. I lasted two years--at 7 days a week from spring through the fall, it became a real GRIND.

Reviving an older thread...I umpire both baseball and softball, everything from Little League, travel and school ball. It's fun and keeps me in the game. Extra cash for golf isn't bad either.

Back