Help with swing, video

jchez444

Reaction score
Handicap
http://youtu.be/dCxtcvr68KU

Recently fitted m2 irons kbs tour R, this is a 6iron. Problem shanks and boat loads of heel shots. Now I had stiff shafts on jpx irons but due to injury I only swing my 7i at 73-76mph so they fitted me to the kbs 105 tour R. Now I'm still getting use to only 3rd range session but I feel I hit moon balls with these, 2.5-3 telephone poles high, on monitor launch was 20-22degrees. Distance is very similar to old irons but I'm honestly going through some swing woos right now. These swings I posted I honestly tried hard n really thought I was taking the club to the outside on the takeaway n trying to be steep, but when I watched the vid I was no where close to where I thought I was. Any drills or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ps I use to have a problem sucking the club to the inside n really laying it off. Also I know it's hard to see complete ball flight but let me know if I'm being to critical on flight n paranoid l

http://youtu.be/dCxtcvr68KU

Recently fitted m2 irons kbs tour R, this is a 6iron. Problem shanks and boat loads of heel shots. Now I had stiff shafts on jpx irons but due to injury I only swing my 7i at 73-76mph so they fitted me to the kbs 105 tour R. Now I'm still getting use to only 3rd range session but I feel I hit moon balls with these, 2.5-3 telephone poles high, on monitor launch was 20-22degrees. Distance is very similar to old irons but I'm honestly going through some swing woos right now. These swings I posted I honestly tried hard n really thought I was taking the club to the outside on the takeaway n trying to be steep, but when I watched the vid I was no where close to where I thought I was. Any drills or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ps I use to have a problem sucking the club to the inside n really laying it off. Also I know it's hard to see complete ball flight but let me know if I'm being to critical on flight n paranoid l
I'm not Freddie but I just literally got this fixed myself. Your weight is so far forward that you're basically falling over forward when you swing down on the ball. You shut the face and swing out to in causing the hosel to hit the ball first. You're playing catch up the moment you start the downswing.

Bend your knees and bring your hands down. It's going to feel like you're gonna fall over at first but keep your weight on your toes and you will get used to it. Kind of like a squatting position.

Disclaimer: I'm no pro and if anything i have said I'd contradictory to what Freddie thinks please delete this post.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I took a look at your video this morning and I am curious, what did you think was wrong with the ball flight? I think it is important to have a fundamentally sound swing but this doesn't mean is has to look pretty. Now your swing does not look pretty but it was effective.

Jrod mentioned it, your rear leg is straightening or straight throughout the entire swing. This allows you to get to deep on the back swing or reverse pivot which is not a good thing. This is why you see a tail on your ball flight. You are hanging back on the right leg and not getting all the way through and over to the left leg. If you make an effort to maintiain the flex in that rear leg, I think you will find yourself hitting straight or slight draws.

ThAnk you for the response guys. The ball flight thing is in my head lol, what I am struggling thru currently are shanks/heel shots. Trying some drills to hopefully beat this

You consider that ball flight too high? My 6 iron is MUCH higher than yours. I'd say yours is about mid :act-up: in fact I "like" your trajectory. A couple of suggestions: A bit more knee bend and tilt-forward from the pelvis not your waist (looks like you tend to stand-up on back swing). Good luck!

Bob (Diveguy)

Back