Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing is intriguing. I struggle with driver, so I could potentially see this as a slightly shorter, or maybe even as long, replacement.
The profile is lower than I thought. I was thinking it would have a deeper face. Looks like an easy club to hit off the deck and tee.
It definitely looks lower profile on Callaway's website, but if you watch the Callaway Talks episode on it you can see the face for a second and can tell it's a little deeper.

1 more week......1 more week. Can't effin wait to get mine!

1 more week......1 more week. Can't effin wait to get mine!

Same. Was hoping it would ship early so I could take it to Vegas but don't think that will be happening

Same. Was hoping it would ship early so I could take it to Vegas but don't think that will be happening

I continue to see shipping on 5/29 but I know many times they set it to arrive on 5/29 with 2 day shipping, etc. Hoping but not counting on.

After seeing what Kang did with his I'm just excited to get this into play.

So now I'm confused. I brought out my 5 deep yesterday kind of because it plays at 43" and has the Tour Green (similar to how I would order this one) and kind of just for kicks. I used it off the tee only and with success (including a birdie on the #1 handicap hole--a tight dogleg right--yuck--par 4).

So what does the mini give me that the 5 deep doesn't? A touch more forgiveness? I was 5-5 with the 5 deep yesterday on a day where my driver was a bit all over the place. More distance? I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for out of a second tee option.

More forgiveness and distance I would think. Larger profile obviously which will help some as compared to a FW.

So now I'm confused. I brought out my 5 deep yesterday kind of because it plays at 43" and has the Tour Green (similar to how I would order this one) and kind of just for kicks. I used it off the tee only and with success (including a birdie on the #1 handicap hole--a tight dogleg right--yuck--par 4).

So what does the mini give me that the 5 deep doesn't? A touch more forgiveness? I was 5-5 with the 5 deep yesterday on a day where my driver was a bit all over the place. More distance? I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for out of a second tee option.

You could argue forgiveness, because of size, but the difference in loft and spin might make up for that. You would most likely see more distance out of the mini on well struck shots, assuming ball flight was optimal for both.

I continue to see shipping on 5/29 but I know many times they set it to arrive on 5/29 with 2 day shipping, etc. Hoping but not counting on.

After seeing what Kang did with his I'm just excited to get this into play.
I am just as excited as you. With 14° on preorder, I'm now stalking a 12° with speeder 565

Should have this in hand tomorrow, quite excited to get a ton of pics up and get the review rolling.

I am just as excited as you. With 14° on preorder, I'm now stalking a 12° with speeder 565
Could you see both fitting in your bag at once?

Could you see both fitting in your bag at once?

I could see 12 set to 11 then 14 set to 15/16 for shorter holes and off the deck.

Look what got delivered to my office this morning! Pleasant surprise because it wasn't supposed to ship until May 29th. Looks like daddy is hitting up the course for a quick after work today. I also have 18 holes planned for Monday. I will post a review afterwards...

uploadfromtaptalk1432304057684.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432304076160.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432304081842.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432304087581.jpg

Well that's one heck of a surprise.

Seeing this thread pop up is bad for me. The Mini is intruiging. I just have never been able to find consistency with my driver. I don't know if the Mini would be longer than my XCG7 Beta 13*, but if it were, I could probably do away with my driver.

Rockbottomgolf.com but it shipped directly from Callaway. I was very surprised to see it this morning. I placed my order a week ago with standard shipping but I was told that it wouldn't ship until the 29th

would this be a driver replacer or be acting as a 3 wood on the tee?

Possibly a driver replacement. I am just too erratic. Everything else was going reasonably well last Saturday and then I start pulling my driver left on every other hole. Kinda puts a damper on the day...

A longer, more forgiving version of a 2Deep that is my favorite club in my bag, I'm ordering one today!

I have a historically bad history with clubs like this, but definitely want to try it. Would love to have driver-ish distance with FW accuracy for tight/short holes or days when the driver has just left me completely.

would this be a driver replacer or be acting as a 3 wood on the tee?
It really can be either. The 14 was not hard to hit off the deck at all

The off the deck factor is something I really look forward to testing. I'll have to see it to believe it as it goes against history and what I've seen in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back