Big Break 22 (Myrtle Beach, SC)

Definitely a D bag. Not a good way to start a career.

The kids got game I hope his attitude comes around.

I just checked out Anthony on Twitter. This kid is full of himself. Compared himself to Tiger last night.
Oy. Eventually he's going to end up in a place where his golf game is simply inferior to those around him and he's going to get annihilated both on the course and off.

I can't stand Anthony. Last night was just another nail in the coffin of my disdain for him. He holed out for birdie, if he doesn't make that they probably go to a playoff and who knows what happens. My guess is he and the rest of the guys on the show never make it to the PGA. If you look at all the seasons only a handful of guys have made it to the big show and to my recollection only Tommy Gainey has won.

The women on the show have a better chance of playing on the LPGA compared to the guys. IMO the show gets people that will cause a lil drama and get viewers to watch for the drama. Freddie and I talked and its a show based on who gets lucky enough to win some crazy "trick" shots and not necessarily about finding the best player.

Anthony is such a DB. Can't stand him, I'm sure they thought he makes for good tv, but I can't wait for him to get booted.

Anthony seems like a fun guy to hang out with!

Anthony seems like a fun guy to hang out with!

He's the reason why people get in fights after the bar and always dissapears when fists start to fly.

This Anthony kid.. Good grief. I'm sure his hometown is proud of him... I saw someone suggest earlier having a Macanudo challenge for the first one to throw him in the water hazard or something. I think that's a fantastic idea.

As far as the show itself, I enjoy watching it. I've watched a few seasons now, and I think it's a great show. There are plenty of 72 hole stroke play events filled with golfers no one knows about on TV. I'm ok with this being gimmicky. It looks like a TON of fun to me, I would love to try some of these challenges. The cast looks like they're having fun (Anthony aside), and every challenge carries the pressure that you normally only get during the last hour of a 72 hole tournament anyway. I love golf because its fun, and because it's competitive. This show ticks those boxes for me.

I would love to see PGA tour guys try these challenges. Could you imagine Phil going at it with someone on the flop wall?

"Good luck, this probably means more to you than it does to me."

What an ingrate. I'd like to see him win, and then Adams refuse to sign him because they don't want to be associated with a douche like him. Its going to take something serious like that teach that kid. Even then he'd probably jsut think he was too good for them. Sometimes people just need a good pop in the mouth because a lesson learned hard is a lesson learned well.

can't believe he was still talking when everyone was saying their goodbyes at the green after the elimination. There's a time for gamesmanship and trash talk, but that was just plain low class bush league behavior. If I was there it would've just been a long series of bleeps and all you see is my mouth moving with a giant vein popping on my forehead. :p

I keep waiting for someone to get in his face and just let him have it.

He reminds me of the Anthony guy on BB Ireland. He kept on and kept on till one day his game just was tapped out.

There wasn't an Anthony on BB Ireland. There was a guy named Andy on that season, but that guy wasn't much of a trash talker.

Yea Andy my bad. Called himself Adub

There wasn't an Anthony on BB Ireland. There was a guy named Andy on that season, but that guy wasn't much of a trash talker.

There was the model dude - he didn't have Anthony's mouth, but was a douche and only made it three episodes I think before he came down with appendicitis.

Every big break since the earliest ones has had some cast in the villain role, and clearly Anthony is it this year. Funnily enough, it was an Anthony on one of the Big Break's out west too (the one who called himself A-Rod).

How much you want to bet that Anthony never lost at anything as a kid... parents continually let him win at candyland and checkers well past kindergarten age.. and if it ever got to the point that one of the neighborhood kids was about to beat him at basketball he would just take his ball and go home before the game ended.

And on the course they were playing...is there a difference between a Waste Area and a Bunker?... because I would swear he grounded his club during his practice swing out of the waste area he clocked his teeshot into

I see Anthony different than most people. He's a poor minority kid playing a rich mans game so to speak (Although most people I know who play are mainly middle class). He started off in first tee and as a person who has donated to and assisted on a very limited basis with first tee in the la area, these kids are barely scraping by.

Mostly hand me down 10 year old men clubs that the first tee mentors some how adjust to fit these kids. With not enough resources and definitely not enough practice time most of these kids drop out and focus on other things. Mainly football and basketball.

I say all that just to say that the good ones who come from first tee have chips on their shoulder. If they are good enough to play amateur tournaments they are faced with the reality that they are behind the 8-ball so to speak. They are behind in club technology and even small things we don't think about like shoes balls clothes.

He definitely needs a mental evaluation, but his persona is his way of keeping people distant from him. We see it all the time with football players (Terrell Owens) and basketball players. It's just new to golf. I hope he gets help because he's a helluva golfer.

I don't usually pile on, but the Anthony guy really IS a DB in my opinion. However, as others have said, they knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they cast and developed him as the villain. I now am watching every week just to see him get his A$$ kicked. I agree that he's NOT the best player, but anything can happen in golf and trick shots :act-up:.

I also think he is the way he is because of a LOT of insecurity. Kinda sad, but he is enjoying his 15 minutes.

JM

I see Anthony different than most people. He's a poor minority kid playing a rich mans game so to speak (Although most people I know who play are mainly middle class). He started off in first tee and as a person who has donated to and assisted on a very limited basis with first tee in the la area, these kids are barely scraping by.

Mostly hand me down 10 year old men clubs that the first tee mentors some how adjust to fit these kids. With not enough resources and definitely not enough practice time most of these kids drop out and focus on other things. Mainly football and basketball.

I say all that just to say that the good ones who come from first tee have chips on their shoulder. If they are good enough to play amateur tournaments they are faced with the reality that they are behind the 8-ball so to speak. They are behind in club technology and even small things we don't think about like shoes balls clothes.

He definitely needs a mental evaluation, but his persona is his way of keeping people distant from him. We see it all the time with football players (Terrell Owens) and basketball players. It's just new to golf. I hope he gets help because he's a helluva golfer.

Being a minority & coming from humble beginnings is still no excuse for acting unprofessional & disrespectful to others. This game has "unwritten rules" & being polite/courteous is one of them. To me it seems like through his struggles of becoming a junior golfer with his background, somewhere along the way someone forgot to teach him common courtesy & etiquette.

Being a minority & coming from humble beginnings is still no excuse for acting unprofessional & disrespectful to others. This game has "unwritten rules" & being polite/courteous is one of them. To me it seems like through his struggles of becoming a junior golfer with his background, somewhere along the way someone forgot to teach him common courtesy & etiquette.

I definitely agree with what you are saying. It won't get him far if he feels like everybody is out to get him. That's why I mentioned TO. I like his game not his attitude. Him being 19 has a lot to do with how he acts. I hope he grows up and humbles himself before it's too late

I agree. I along with several other minorities I play with don't act this way. It's all about upbringing and I am sure being part of the first tee the teach the opposite behavior from why he demonstrates

And on the course they were playing...is there a difference between a Waste Area and a Bunker?... because I would swear he grounded his club during his practice swing out of the waste area he clocked his teeshot into

Grounding your club or even taking a divot on a practice swing is permitted in a waste area. It's not a bunker.

And how many posts and threads are on this site talking about rude and unacceptable behavior by rich white private club member and middle class golfers? TONS. If he came up through the first tee program, that's the first thing that stands out. That's one of the things they are supposed to teach first and foremost, etiquette and playing with dignity. I've not had any experience with first tee so I can't speak to it other than what I've read on their web site. I think that his youth and his ultra competitive side are driving his mouth. He's had a lot of success on the junior tour and thinks very highly of himself...To a fault. I'm not a fan at all, and I'm about half surprised someone hasn't just reached out and popped him in his mouth. But all that being said, he's backed it up and won when he needed to. His days are numbered though. Everyone on the show obviously dislikes him so they will keep taking him to the challenges and one time he will lose and that'll be that.

I feel bad for his first tee mentors and family members who are watching this and how he is being portrayed on the show. I know I wouldn't necessarily want to admit that I was friends or family with him.

He's a child, unless he's immune, take him to elimination every time and it will wear on him and he'll lose it.

For me, there is one benefit of having Anthony on Big Break. His awful behavior provides a great teaching lesson for my two boys. Each time he talks trash or is jerk, I can just point out that "there is how you DON'T act on the golf course." My youngest keeps asking me during the show: "Dad, why is Anthony so mean?"

It seems like we want our guys to be like robots, I would hope in real life he is genuinely a jerk like he is on the show. Nothing would piss me more off than a guy that is a fake.

Back