Do you stick to your game plan??

Today was the first time I really had a game plan going into a round. Told myself I'd put the driver away on any hole under 360 and hit the right club to get me to 150ish.

Matched my personal best with a 93. Good times :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomorrow will be the real test. I have a habit of overswinging when I'm playing with people who hit the ball a lot further than me which absolutely kills my game. I am playing with one of those guys tomorrow and I swear that I'm not going to do it. I'm going to play my own game and not worry about where he hit the ball or what he scores. I must get better at scoring when playing with groups of people in a competitive situation. I can shoot in the 80's when playing with my normal group of short knockers or by myself, but put me with better golfers and I lose it........ That ends tomorrow.

I can sympathize with you. I will never be a long player but it can get really depressing when you hit your best tee shot and your group is well out in front of you. I just try to not let anyone other than me have control over my game (either on the course or on the range). I'd rather be safe on the fairway than scrambling in the woods. I have played with some long hitters who have said afterwards that they wish they could hit as many fairways as I do. Anyway, I drive the ball farther when I am just playing in control and thinking of getting my hands through the ball. When I overswing I don't think I hit it farther no matter whether I strike it flush or not.

I really wish I did a better job at this. I'm good for a few holes then I always break it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back